SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: (SHOlover)

I recommend applying Klasse All in One and Klass High Gloss Sealant liberally on the winglets. Trust me, it makes a huge difference on preventing rock chips, pitting and curb incidents. You will notice that all the minor scraps will just wipe off.
I ran through canadian winter with my set on and they still look like new.

Modified by lowenhart at 6:00 AM 4-22-2009

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: (BeerEngineer)

Quote, originally posted by BeerEngineer »

Yeah, but yours are impenetrable.

I thought of the aluminum, but there's a big problem in bending it and finishing it. You need to have a smooth edge, or form a lip over the first vertical cm of the winglets too, because otherwise the front will just catch and rip the whole front of your car off.

I'd say "hey, CFWERKS", make this lip addition...but the cost, install, and time to do all this....you may as well just buy some new winglets.

LOL They are not impenetrable, just properly maintained

I too have investigated offering them with 3M film (the stuff they use to make clear bras) applied but the costs are very high, and if you were to hit something it would still do damage. The only protection you get is from rock chips etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.