SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parents bought one new in 1987. I ended up with it and sold it in 1997 with just under 200k Car only had regular maintenance. An appetite for brake rotors and 3 water pumps. I only sold it then because I got their 1990 760gle with 142k miles. I absolutely loved this car. The PRV engines were at that time a little noisy and ticky but damn they ran forever if you just took care of them I sold that one around 2003. With about 220k on it. Wish I had not. I will buy one if I can find another decent one. Anybody seen one for sale? Peace

·
Registered
852 Posts
Interested in an 87?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm really wanting the updated 88. Why what ya got

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A Couple cool details I just remembered thinking to way back then. I was a senior in high school in 1990. I remember the 87 was my moms. It was off white color and had a black leather interior. It was so sharp.

But what I was reminiscing on was my dad trading in his 1986 Jeep Wagoneer for the 90 760. We thought we had gone high cotton buddy. Man that was so technically advanced interior wise compared to a wagoneer! Lol. Yeah the good ole days. That one was silver with a black interior. Gorgeous cars both of them.

I got the 87 in 1993 when my mom got the very last 240 on our dealers lot. White on tan. (it was a leftover 92) That was the last of them for my parents. They flipped the script to Lexus in 1995 and has never looked back. I ended up with the 95 LS400 too. Kept until 2012 and 386k miles. But I have stayed loyal to volvo as well. Purchasing a few new ones and many used ones since the 90s. Anyway. I guess this ain’t storytime.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
The search is part of the fun! We post RWD stuff in the Non-Affiliated Finds Thread, too. If you don’t already, worth subscribing to that one each month. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
What's "PRV" mean?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I believe it means Peugeot Renault Volvo. I know the engine was used in the Peugeot 505 STX that was sold here from 87-91 I believe And the engine was used in the eagle premier sold under dodge Chrysler. I am sure many others overseas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chicago wagon. There is one on eBay I’m looking into it’s in Illinois. But it’s a turbo which is not a bad thing. I may have to settle for the turbo 4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts