SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The max ambient dino 5W-30 is good for is 104F I believe. It's been at least 105 the past few days in the SE US.

I'm still 1500 miles away from an oc in my XC and 4000 away in my S60.

It's so hot here that the interior smells like it's offgassing something new. :eek: In fact, the AC can't even blow cool (forget cold) air at idle.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Damn it's that hot down there? That's past 40C! Hope you're all right.

As for the AC... I guess we can blame R134A or whatever refrigerant is used? I remember my dad was saying back in the old days with his Celica (1970s? dunno), he could see the cold air coming from the air vents.

·
Registered
372 Posts
FYI...I just noticed this post made by another forum member..."Volvo is finally switching to FULL synthetic oil......and touted it as one of the "improvements" for the 2013 XC90"

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn it's that hot down there? That's past 40C! Hope you're all right.

As for the AC... I guess we can blame R134A or whatever refrigerant is used? I remember my dad was saying back in the old days with his Celica (1970s? dunno), he could see the cold air coming from the air vents.
It's nuts. Saturday was an all time temp record for the state of NC.

My AC at home however, which sits in the path of the afternoon had no trouble keeping 75 (a full 30 degree differential) all day.

·
Registered
301 Posts
it's been super hot here too. my ac seems to be doing well. the car the other day read 115,:eek: dam it's hot....

i changed the oil myself at 2k to full syn oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts