SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two months of restoring and going through my V50, replacing many parts ,I found out how diverse the car is, parts from Germany , Italy , Poland ,Belgium, France, and of course Sweden. It would be a shame if the Chinese owners start outsourcing everything to China....what a nightmare.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
"Everything" cannot be outsourced to China. Plus, there are certain automotive parts (independent of any brand) that they Chinese make very well (as the Japanese did, a few decades back).

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
After two months of restoring and going through my V50, replacing many parts ,I found out how diverse the car is, parts from Germany , Italy , Poland ,Belgium, France, and of course Sweden. It would be a shame if the Chinese owners start outsourcing everything to China....what a nightmare.
and Spain, Czech Republic, Latvia (i think).

I think a lot of the Volvo cars stuff will remain where it is, similar to the way it did with Ford as the parent company. And i would think whether or not Geely is Chinese, I doubt they would just start using poor quality materials. I think the chinese ownership could end up directing the brand more towards the luxury market, but who knows, i think polestar is now completely owned by volvo or something and maybe the brand will start to integrate that side of it more too. We need another Icon though, another 850 T-5R or S60R.
My real dissapointment with the brand is the loss of the 5 cylinder... nothing out there sounds like it and it was probably my favorite thing about the brand in general.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts