SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dear Friends,

As you know I made this pod.

If you look at the triangled part,I made a mould for that area and with fiber works ,I produced it double,made the edges perfect fit and etc...

I can send this mould FOR FREE to someone on this forum who can take this responsibility to produce it to anyone wants.

Who can do this?

·
Super Moderator
14,847 Posts
if nobody has a solid source for this, theres a few shops around here that i could get some quotes from.

i would, of course, prefer to have a list of people that would definitely buy this so i wouldn't sink $$ into having some made without buyers.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: I WANT TO SEND MY GAUGE POD MOULD FOR FREE. (xenophobic)

You're a very good person and this forum is lucky to have you.

Perhaps IPD would be interested and they will send you something nice, send a note to Scott.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (liverichly)

Quote, originally posted by liverichly »
I'd likely purchase one if it's easy to find a shop to install it + the gauges, what do you think the price would be?

I will send the mould for free.I will pay the dhl cost and etc.

The only problem is if you can do it or not.If someone can find a guy who has profession on fiber glass jobs,it will be easy.

But this weekend I will ask some people here if they can produce it for lower costs.
When I learn the cost,if it is also ok for you,maybe I can have them made here.Not sure I will search.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: (xenophobic)

I'd really be interested in the gauge pod you made for the center speaker grill in the middle of the dashboard. That was an exceptionally nice part.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Finally, I could find someone here but I'd rather not I just want to buy one so I'll make sure Scott at IPD gets this link. He's mentioned having a pod setup made in the past.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Re: I WANT TO SEND MY GAUGE POD MOULD FOR FREE. (xenophobic)

Quote, originally posted by xenophobic »

Dear Friends,

As you know I made this pod.

If you look at the triangled part,I made a mould for that area and with fiber works ,I produced it double,made the edges perfect fit and etc...

I can send this mould FOR FREE to someone on this forum who can take this responsibility to produce it to anyone wants.

Who can do this?

Hi XENO,

Thanks so much for your gracious offer.

We are very interested in taking a look at this project to see if we can make it fly.

You can reach me at [email protected] and we can arrange shipping etc.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

If IPD can take this great mold and run w/it, and offer options to have it shipped w/the best matching gauges for our "look" of dials, then we really have a near OEM fit & finish product. Wiring instructions per the IPD way (very detailed!), and this is another GREAT DIY job for those on this board.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking forward to see how this turns out. I know it will be at least at good as xeno's pod. This will give people a nice place for boost and aquamist or some other combo

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (ArtVandelay0023)

Quote, originally posted by ArtVandelay0023 »
I'll definitely buy one if this thing becomes available
2ND THAT!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I agree. I'm in. I also vote that IPD sources a suitable fabric and sells these as complete a pillar replacements - pre-covered - ready to be installed. i'd pay extra for that.

i would think any upholstery shop could easily add fabric to a gauge pod...and make it look nice..for not much money. i'd rather buy a pod that is ready to go and not get a black plastic thing..and have to go source my own fabric cover...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (ArtVandelay0023)

Dear Friends,

I SENT the mould to Scott(ipd),but the cargo returned to me because of rejected from the given address.

I wrote it to Scott and he said to me that he has given me Wrong zip no.

I went to local DHL store and took the mould this weekend.

Will send it again....it cost me a lot to send it bu courier!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts