SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start with: I am aware of the history. I read every single post in every single thread about the initial BluePower units. I KNOW. I know the problems they had. I know people got stuck with $1000 paperweights. I know alllllllll about the group buy. So, if you said it before, save your breath (fingers?), because I already read and reflected on what you wrote.

That being said, there are VERY few reviews on anything current from them. What there has been was positive to very positive, quickly followed by haters claiming that the posters were really from BluePower. Well, we'll see, because I just ordered this:

http://www.bluepower.se/en/product/...o-s60v70-05-09-headunit-arm-2016-version.html

With the exchange rate and a coupon code, it came to $505 shipped. I plan on adding front and rear cameras, as well as a dash cam. I will post my experiences here, it is supposed to arrive in Sweden in late Jan/early Feb.

I got it because I hate the HU-850. I have an iMIV, and using a patch cable to my phone, music sounds like crap. I hate the radio. I don't use CDs. I hate my Garmin hanging in the windshield. I want bluetooth calling. I want a backup camera at least. Etc etc etc. I am aware I could get this with a Pioneer double DIN, plus a module to connect to the stock amp, plus a module to connect to the SW controls, plus a mounting unit that will eliminate my extra cupholder and look like crap...all for $1000-$1500. I know, I researched for a couple months. I decided to take a chance on the BluePower. I will share the wisdom of my decision here.

In the mean time, anyone have a post-group-buy experience they want to share?

·
Registered
536 Posts
<p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/the-simpsons-scared-homer-simpson-jUwpNzg9IcyrK">via GIPHY</a></p>

·
Registered
335 Posts
I hope you have good luck with it. I like the look of the stock radio, and I like the fact I dont have to worry about someone stealing an aftermarket radio from my car (happened to me once on an older car), however; I do want bluetooth, backup camera would be great as well but bluetooth is what I'd really like to have. been looking into the grom units myself.

I hope this works for you man.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope you have good luck with it. I like the look of the stock radio, and I like the fact I dont have to worry about someone stealing an aftermarket radio from my car (happened to me once on an older car), however; I do want bluetooth, backup camera would be great as well but bluetooth is what I'd really like to have. been looking into the grom units myself.

I hope this works for you man.
I moved to this car from a 2008 Scion xB over 5 years ago. I loved everything about this caR, but even half a decade ago, the 850 was miles behind the Pioneer 2 DIN I had in the Scion. I built a small custom sub and I had a backup cam. That was literally the only thing I liked better about the xB. I hope BluePower has everything worked out, after trying to read up on it and only seeing flames, I decided I just needed a leap of faith.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked them. sales2015=20% for a few more hours.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The original ones were windows CE based, but that was 2011-2012. Not sure about 2016.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Did you order canibus function and direct TV?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got CANBUS, but the digital TV options don't work in the US, so no.

These are basically Chinese units with a couple tweaks to make them work better with our cars. I am not aware of these specific units being available anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
thanks, are these android?
Probably not. It may run android in VM ontop of Windows CE, though. I've done a bunch of reading about headunits that run Android. Apparently the pure Android setup will take 30s to a full minute to boot(just like a phone). They get around that problem by running Windows CE, which can go to sleep, and then immediately restore with the car's ignition. Then it just reopens the Android VM.

I'm eager to see how well this works. I'd like a different headunit in my wagon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've owned mine for 2 years now and really like it so far. My car is no longer a daily driver and more of a big toy that has under 10k of use each year. I had similar concerns as most at first but I have never experienced any negative issues. It would something I'd recommend if you were not wanting a big brand unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am curious to see how you like it once you have spent some time with it, and to hear about the reliability.
Been looking into options as my HU-850 has been acting up recently (volume control, disc change and Ipod issues). Working at best buy I have looked into options but nothing allows me to retain my rear park assist.
This looks like it has the option for the park assist and the option to retain factory NAV which I would like.
Only concern is all the negative feedback i have read. So looking forward to hearing what ya think!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
My problem with aftermarket headunits is that they dont match with the interior at all. This looks promising. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My problem with aftermarket headunits is that they dont match with the interior at all. This looks promising. Keep us posted!
That is part of why I ordered a Blue Power. Look them up.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts