SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Driving a '07 SR and in my enthusiasm to get to the highway on a great evening, I pulled the shade back too far and it's now stuck open. I can still tilt the glass panel up/down, but trying to slide the glass panel back is a no-go. Hit the button to slide the glass panel and you can see the open shade move slightly back before everything stops and ugly noises begin. I'm guessing that whatever stopper is at the end of the shade was knocked up into the glass panel's track (just a guess, but that could be totally wrong).

Any thoughts on how to fix? Searches seem to say that I can remove the glass w/o removing the headliner, but I could be totally off. I want to get an idea of how big of an issue I may be looking at. As it's my DD and I don't have a garage, taking it apart and poking around the way that I'd like to are non-starters.

And what's the deal w/ the accordion pieces...what do they do? They look like useless decoration to me. Thanks y'all

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yep that accordion thing IS a useless decoration...but I sort of like them.

Anyway I believe you could remove the glass using the method highlighted here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?128182

Im pretty sure if you undo the four brass looking torx screws you could remove the glass, though Ive never tried that. I have adjusted my sunroof using this method, though.

The others will chime in with more info soon, Im sure.

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull back the accordion things, take off the 4 brass screws, then lift the glass straight out
Yup yup..this seems to be the way in. But the question is what else is back there, and can stuff back there be reached just taking off the glass? I've never messed w/ a sunroof, and it's not like learning to change oil (you can easily look under the car / hood and see exactly what needs to happen). If it seems like removing headliner and starting to dissect the sunroof components, I don't have time for all that...I'll just go w/o a closed shade until I have an extended time that I can mess around w/ it.

I do appreciate the response though. Thanks for the direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I desperately need sunroof help and it is quite simple: someone working on my car misplaced one of the brass torx screws. I need to order one (or even 4). Does anyone know the part number of this screw or where I can buy some? I ordered one through the dealer and he ordered a flange screw of the wrong thread and size. I could order through the dealer again but I would prefer giving them the part number (2007 xc70).

Thank you for any help or suggestions on where to buy!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I desperately need sunroof help and it is quite simple: someone working on my car misplaced one of the brass torx screws. I need to order one (or even 4). Does anyone know the part number of this screw or where I can buy some? I ordered one through the dealer and he ordered a flange screw of the wrong thread and size. I could order through the dealer again but I would prefer giving them the part number (2007 xc70).

Thank you for any help or suggestions on where to buy!!!
I looked around, couldn't really find anything as well. I did find this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-VOLVO-...ash=item25aea83d3f:g:DfQAAOSwdvpWDKk3&vxp=mtr

Not sure if this will fit a 2007 xc70, but it looks very similar to mine an s60, so it probably works with most Volvo's. Try looking on ebay, or go to your nearest junkyard and pull one from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.