SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i saw a S60 CC at volvo canada head office this weekend. it was sitting outside beside a xc60. it was definitely sitting higher than other S60s but it did not have the CC badge. there was some chromis stuff at the side of bottom of the car. did not take any pics.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Were you scared? (I would have been.) That thing is D.R.S....down-right scary IMHO.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very likely. My dealer in Florida has one listed on the site along with the new S60I (lwb)
I really like it to be honest. Kinda silly but different

·
Registered
403 Posts
Big Dee Volvo is Elmsford, NY has one on the showroom floor. I saw it when picking up my wife's new Mazda CX-9 last week. (they are also Mazda, Subaru and Jag)

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
My dad just put a deposit down on one which was delivered and prepped at dealer today.

So they are around.

Funny since I said "I don't know who the hell is going to buy that thing."

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
I think the good folks at Volvo missed that memo about the AMC Eagle sedan. I hope the S60 goes better than that one did. (though, I personally thought the Eagle was cool)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Viti Volvo in Tiverton RI has one on the showroom floor. I am reserving judgement until I see one on the read

·
Administrator
55,932 Posts
They are definitely on the road. Saw a fleet of them at a press event and then one on the road two weeks ago (look in between the 2 Polestars)...

Right back at ya:

Thanks to Joe Haslem, 60-series Brand Manager, for sending me this photo. Nice shot Joe!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Right back at ya:

Thanks to Joe Haslem, 60-series Brand Manager, for sending me this photo. Nice shot Joe!
This is truly amazing! I am the one taking the shot of the two Polestar's from behind, while in my '07 VR...in fact, in Joe's picture, you can see me behind P50GT's grey Polestar.

What a unicorn day that was: 1 '07 VR, 1 S60 CC, and 2 V60 Polestar's, all in one spot.

Thanks P50GT for the heads up about this!

·
Registered
510 Posts
It seems a lot of folks like vehicles to sit a little higher off the ground, says it's easier to get into and give them a better view of the road. The US market seems to do well with anything lifted these days.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I sat in my dad's new S60 CC this weekend to help him get some things set up, like the On Call App.

It involved getting in and out of the drivers seat a lot.

I will say there is a significant difference in how easy it is to step into the S60 CC compared to a lowered R-Design with 18"s (edit) but the XC60 is superior in this regard.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Dude, you didn't talk him into the V60 CC?

That S60CC lift kit reminds me of my old A6 with the standard full fist fender gap (embarrassing), before I finally put some Eibachs and Bilsteins on. ;)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The higher clearance is also desired for winter driving, this was a big factor in our decision.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Dude, you didn't talk him into the V60 CC?
He had actually been thinking about the XC70 for a while.

He went with the 60 series because it seemed like a better car than the 70/80, and I think the exclusiveness of the S60 CC sold him on it as soon as he saw it.

He likes the fatter tires, as (historically) there are quite a few potholes on the Palaski Skyway. To be honest, I like the car a lot.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
We have one, in our office; it has the 19" BOR wheels plus the two-tone interior. Looks much better in person vs. pictures.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts