SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the need for coil packs so pretty much is it just like spark plugs go OEM or should I go with the IPD...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool just read it thanks for that!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
No prob! Curious as to who else installed them and what their opinion is...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah more input would be great!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Here's the you tube vid we did on the stock vs. Ipd HD coils

If anyone has any other questions don't hesitate to ask, I understand of course 3rd party feedback is generally preferred.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone says OEM.. When I got the packs last week I just used the same spark plugs and everything seems to work fine..

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I'll be ordering mine shortly, I have a stutter when car reaches around 13/15 psi and the ECU eventually corrects and will not let me go above 7psi, after the correction no more stutter at WOT (though slow with little boost) - hopefully the new coils will fix my error. I suspect it will though, might change the fuel filter while I'm at it too, plugs/filter were changed last week and no help.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya these fixed any and all problems I had with my car well except my boost leak of course... But I give my 2 thumbs up on this.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I installed these recently.
Not a huge difference from stock but the car def
Runs and excels smoother.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just finished the install of the IPD HD coils, and some stock plugs. I had the 5500-6500 hesitation. In my case, the first gear acceleration was ok, but really showed itself in second gear on a hard pull. A test drive after the install was as expected, everything fixed. Nice surprise, the 'pop' is back again.

In my case I think it was the plugs more than the coils, my coils looked great, my plugs looked like ....

The first one to get installed, I pulled out to confirm the fit, and they pull apart easily, not a big deal, but interesting.

If you're looking for bling, this might not be the choice, 2 of the 5 coils were missing the cool ipd graphics.

I recommend using compressed air to blow the dirt out of the plug hole before removing the plug. And after torquing the plug in, the socket is really stuck on the plug...it took a needle nose vice grip to pull the socket off each time.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
OK , Great : BUTT ?

When the R first came out Didn't a few tuner's grab the ( R ) coil packs , as they were better then the stock units ?

So If those are Better , and the IPD's HD's are Better , are the IPD's HD-R's Coils
also, another Increment Better then IPD HD's ?___?

IPD-HD vs IPD-HDR - ( :confused: )

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
When the R first came out Didn't a few tuner's grab the ( R ) coil packs , as they were better then the stock units ?

So If those are Better , and the IPD's HD's are Better , are the IPD's HD-R's Coils
also, another Increment Better then IPD HD's ?___?

IPD-HD vs IPD-HDR - ( :confused: )
Okidata plasma, but pricey$$

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
As Looking @ the Photo's It looks like You have some R IPD HD's and some HD's - Coil Packs .
The B5254T3 looks to be the $49.94 , so I was wondering If they are the same .

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I agree - don't think you received all HD R coils. Seems like a mix-up.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
As Looking @ the Photo's It looks like You have some R IPD HD's and some HD's - Coil Packs .
The B5254T3 looks to be the $49.94 , so I was wondering If they are the same .
I looked at the pics too, trying to decide if I wanted to install something I might likely be returning. The HD's have a black socket, and the HD R's have a grey socket, all 5 had the grey part, and otherwise looked the same. I'll let you know what IPD says when they contact me about it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts