39,289 Posts
Cool!!! Never seen one like that!

Yannis

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
COOL!

That last pic looks like the guy mumbling "look honey, were on the internet!!"
hahaha. Convertable 240! Nice find, hope those two find their way on speedswede, many questions to ask on that project! I betting that rollbar plays a key roll in frame strenth.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
that looks like it was made by volvo.
they have done a good job.especialy the interior.the roll bar ,i think would serve a couple of purposes.1 for the seat belts, 2 for protection and strength and also the roof.that car musta have been a 142 previously.BTW good work on the pics kai.

michael.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Sweet pictures! Did they notice that you were in an S60 taking pictures of them? I think it is always a good idea to keep a Digicam in the car at all times.

-Drew

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
That's awesome, but note he has no folding top. Kinda like Rob's, but the rollbar makes it a bit more driveable. Too bad that guy's not on this board. I'd love to know how he did it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Looks like he took a sawzall to a 262 (isn't that how they all start?). That's a '75-'78 200 series body, but it's hard to pinpoint the exact year. The dash is '81+, the mirrors are '86+, and the headlights are '78+, and I think those are optional 16x7 Gemini wheels. It could be a rare '76-'77 262, or it could be a '75-'78 242 with the 6 panel lights added in place of the 4 panel. The clear turn signals are custom/aftermarket anyway, so who knows if those are the original lights.

Very nice conversion, however.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: (towerymt)

Good eye!
My mom when I was very little had a '77 240 that looked like the body of this car, the front lights look more like her '82 GLT though. Definately a very custom car. We need the owner to come on her and let us know the details!!!

[Modified by Spearzy, 11:51 PM 9-20-2002]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts