SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a training for Volvo, Masters of Safety. Then, during lunch the said they wanted to make this a really exciting day for us and proceded to drive the XC90 into the room! WOW. What a great looking car. They have done a fantastic job with it. I was able to take all the pictures I wanted (and did). This is going to be a real home run for them. I can't wait to be able to drive it. <P>They had the pre-prototype in town for a photo shoot. <P>What a thrill.<P>Jaime

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I got to see it at the Fire & Ice Driving Experience at FedEx field in Landover, MD on June 8th. They had most, if not all of the '02 models out in the open where people could sit in them, check out the trunk & interior, etc., but the XC90 had a rope around it so no one could get really close. However, the doors were open and so was the rear hatch, so I got a good look at the nice interior. Not too bad for an SUV!<P>That was pretty cool, but I was far more excited to see a professional driver giving hot laps around the autocross-style cone course in an S60 Challenge race car! I got to sit in the drivers seat, but I didn't get a ride, unfortunately.<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts