SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Re: I noticed that the deadman in trunck is gone (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Same darn thing my servic rep said. "Once you have the NEW update there is no going back" I think he was full of sheite! So anyone that can help, PLEASE do. Calling the new asst. moderator....BEEP BEEP BEEP....R Salesman??????????

With the advent of VIDA (Volvo's vehicle communication software), software numbers pretty much ceased to exist.

Anytime you download software to any control module, VIDA automatically selects the latest software, and downloads it. To my knowledge, there is no way to input a specific software part number . . . I don't even know how to find a software part number anymore. I'll have to look and see how things work. Remember, I was a tech under VADIS, which was a different (but similar) communication program, so I'm not the "know-it-all" when it comes to VIDA.

Regardless, JRL's correct. If you want an older version, Volvo has to literally create that program for your specific VIN. So to get an older version, you will have to go through a process that will tick you off, tick your service advisor off, tick your service manager off, tick the Field Technical Supervisor off, etc.

Quite honestly, I think REV 4 is the best -- I would know, because I've driven them all. That being said, some of the differences between REV 2 and REV 4 can be altered somewhat by varying your tire pressures. I'd try fooling around with different tire pressure setups first and see if you can be happy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.