SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much heat does a 55 watt bulb produce? I am going to have the DRL in my head light re-coated and am wondering if I can use the new spray on Chrome process. This new process is only good up to 250 degree's Fahrenheit. It starts to discolor after 250. What do you guys think?

Modified by FastR at 5:05 PM 4-13-2009

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Re: I need your brain! (FastR)

Quote, originally posted by FastR »
How much heat does a 55 watt bulb produce? I am going to have the DLR in my head light re-coated and am wondering if I can use the new spray on Chrome process. This new process is only good up to 250 degree's Fahrenheit. It starts to discolor after 250. What do you guys think?

It would depend on how good the lamp enclosure is at dissapating heat. I would tend to say that you should be OK. Besides, if you try it and don't like it, you could always just take it out, sand, and have it chromed.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: I need your brain! (mpdbrown)

Quote, originally posted by mpdbrown »
wats a DLR?

It's a product you get if you order a ShamWOW in the next 10 minutes.

I lied.

Definitely DRL

Just like was said before, it's based on the ability of the unit to dissipate the heat.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: I need your brain! (FastR)

Somewhere at home I have the tables of heat output by the headlights in a Factory Training Manual and I'll try and look it up for you but IIRC it can be more than 250 degrees but just depends on what part of the bulb and the distance from it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I need your brain! (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
I'm fairly certain he meant DRL (daytime running light).

Yes, thank you I meant DRL. I will fix that right away.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I need your brain! (adykes)

Quote, originally posted by adykes »

It would depend on how good the lamp enclosure is at dissapating heat. I would tend to say that you should be OK. Besides, if you try it and don't like it, you could always just take it out, sand, and have it chromed.

I hope you are joking
. I only want to pull these lights apart once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts