SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering if anyone who has done this would like to share some words of wisdom.

From what I’ve read, the bumper, headlights, and radiator support have to be removed to replace this cable?

Is there a better way?

Any tips for removing the cable from the release lever? This looks tricky too.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Yes. All of that comes out. Not hard to get it all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did this in less than 3 hours (Some of that time was me looking for an 8mm socket I knew I bought but couldn't find lol), this was way easier and less painless than expected. I can finally close my hood (and open it again).

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I agree with the above. It was my first time taking the nose apart for this job, and was shocked at how easy it was. Just keep track of everything and it's easy. I tried to lubricate the latch, but ended up needing to replace it anyway.

It sounds like you're trying to replace the whole cable though? Are you sure just the latch doesn't need to be replaced?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with the above. It was my first time taking the nose apart for this job, and was shocked at how easy it was. Just keep track of everything and it's easy. I tried to lubricate the latch, but ended up needing to replace it anyway.

It sounds like you're trying to replace the whole cable though? Are you sure just the latch doesn't need to be replaced?
Nah the latch is ok. The new cable fixed the issue of the hood not popping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts