SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have already contacted Mcgard with a picture of and they said its not their's . Do not want to damage rim. This is on a 2004 S60 R. The Volvo Dealer is no help either. Any advise?

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I just went through this with two different cars I bought at auction. Neither had the wheel key.

First car, i borrowed the master set from the local dealer and I was able to find the correct key and remove the locks.

Second car I did the same, but none of the master keys worked. It took me all day but finally found a tire shop that had a removal tool kit. It was size number 9 that we hammered on and used a big breaker bar to remove the lock.

I would take a trip to the local dealer and ask to use their master set. Take a box of doughnuts for persuasion. haha

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This happened to my daughter's vehicle twice. The last time was just a few days ago. A friend of hers was trying to replace her flat tire and the key broke! Both times she just took it to the independent mechanic we trust and they took care of it. I then told her to NOT bother with those locks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone but i have done all of the above and no one has seen this type of lock. Volvo said it's not theirs and my local tire guys don't want to mess with it in fear of damaging rim. If anybody knows how to attach a pic to this let me know so I can put it on. Maybe somebody knows the name brand

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
You need to get what they call a turbo socket and hammer it on and back the lock off. I got mine at sears in a kit that came with all different sizes and it works every time. We also use them at work about every day and it works every time haha.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
536 Posts
You need to get what they call a turbo socket and hammer it on and back the lock off. I got mine at sears in a kit that came with all different sizes and it works every time. We also use them at work about every day and it works every time haha.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6
that would only work if its the type that has room around the head. some locks do not have any room at all and the head would just spin.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Post a pic of the wheel lock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts