SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install the Ultra Racing Lower Front Chassis Brace on my '06 S60 R. that I got from Viva..

I've already installed a 3.5 inch Elevate Downpipe. The problem is it won't clear the MESH Part of the Downpipe....Picture of Downpipe on Elevates website here --- > https://www.elevatecars.com/store/v...rmance-downpipe-with-catalytic-converter.html

I'm racking my brain......has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions are welcomed..

Thanks.....in advance..

Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
Is it the brace in this picture?

I too am wondering how it could be in contact. Bizarro.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I'll take the downpipe if you want to ditch it! Haha

·
2,521 Posts
Check of the bushes arent stretched too much. I know that Elevate DP is bigger than any other.

My IPD one touches from time to time. Melted plastidip off a little

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi I've had exactly the same issue as I have the 3.5" downpipe. I had to cut the back section of the brace off, and I cut it in half and used it to weld 2 diagonal supports from the front of the brace to the back corners. I then purchased another piece of steel tubing and welded that a few inches back from the original to allow space for the downpipe. (the bit you cut out cannot be used across as its not long enough)
It was a bit of a PITA, but well worth it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check of the bushes arent stretched too much. I know that Elevate DP is bigger than any other.

My IPD one touches from time to time. Melted plastidip off a little

The Elevate Downpipe is a MONSTER! ARRRRRRRRRRRR! (notice my usage of the letter "R") ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I've had exactly the same issue as I have the 3.5" downpipe. I had to cut the back section of the brace off, and I cut it in half and used it to weld 2 diagonal supports from the front of the brace to the back corners. I then purchased another piece of steel tubing and welded that a few inches back from the original to allow space for the downpipe. (the bit you cut out cannot be used across as its not long enough)
It was a bit of a PITA, but well worth it.

UMMMM? Dem skills I duzznt have....

Care to help a brother out?

·
2,521 Posts
I think you ought to sell tht Elevate for an IPD one. That subframe brace is one of the best things I've done

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm based in the UK, so unless you are in the UK I'm afraid I can't be of anymore assistance. I do have some old pics of the underside of my car from an acute angle if you want to see how it looked.
Drop me an email address and I'll send you the images.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks..

I won't be losing the Elevate DP for a IPD one anytime soon. I've ran the IPD in the past and comparably I have to say the gains from Elevate are second to none.......which is why I chose Elevate again....this time around...(tune/dp/ AMS / whole power package

That being said...I have nothing against IPD...I'm a big fan of their work..........atleast 1/2 the mods on my 06 are because of IPD...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm based in the UK, so unless you are in the UK I'm afraid I can't be of anymore assistance. I do have some old pics of the underside of my car from an acute angle if you want to see how it looked.
Drop me an email address and I'll send you the images.

PM sent...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts