SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am seriously considering a set of used HRE 449R's, but I need to make sure they will fit and be able to use a nice wide tire.
I just picked up a 2006 S60R and that is what they will go on.
Rims are 19x8.5
Seller or myself will have the hubs re-bored to 65.1 (Good idea/bad idea compared to spacers?)
Rear offset is: +36 with 2" lip. Front offset is: +40 with 1.5" lip. Both rims should be the same size, so no effect on AWD system... I hope.
What would be the widest tire I could put on these? I'd really like 255's, but I'm not sure if it will rub.
Please reply with anything helpful, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Kris

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
What is their current center bore?

The wheels should fit, with 235 tires. Not much room left for spacers on the fronts though (5 mm)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What SS60 said is correct. The 235 tires does not leave much if any room for spacers. I would advise not using spacers at all if possible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I want to say their current center bore is 63.1 or something close. I really would like 255 tires, so I guess that means I have to stick with 17's to fit the width?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I want to say their current center bore is 63.1 or something close. I really would like 255 tires, so I guess that means I have to stick with 17's to fit the width?
You might get 245's to fit on the front if you have the wheels bored out ( to 65.1 mm) and run with no spacers.

Even with 17s a 255 tire would not be any narrower.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While you're online I'll type this. I just like the idea of having wider tires, as I feel 235's aren't "thick" enough.
Have you heard of anyone running 255 or even 265's all around?
What kind of rims/offset would I need for that?

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
Check with Foreveradvanced. He has expereince running extra wide wheels as well as modifying wheel wells to accommodate wider tires.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You might get 245's to fit on the front if you have the wheels bored out ( to 65.1 mm) and run with no spacers.

Even with 17s a 255 tire would not be any narrower.
Your statements confuse me.

While I'm not saying anything specifically about his prospective wheels, I'd just like to clear up a general statement. lol. You don't need to be running 17's or anything small and narrow.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Your statements confuse me.
I'll rephrase it then.

Anything wider than a 245 with his choosen wheel and offset, will rub if he adds spacers on the fronts. So if he wants to accomodate a wider tire, he needs to bore the out the center so the wheel can fit flush against the hub.

And for the other... A 17inch 255 or 265 tire is no narrower than a 18 inch one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts