SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a 2012 S60 T5 that I traded in for a Legacy 3.6R. I didn't know I would miss the Volvo so much. Well I traded the Subaru in for a 2011 S60T6.. I can't be happier.. I'm back to a 2 Volvo family.

·
3,899 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
2016 XC70 T5 AWD 58K; 1993 244SE Classic 172K; 1997 S90 252K (sold)
17 Posts
May I ask how you decided on the Legacy and what made you come back?

I am shopping used XC70s and keep getting seduced by the easy access to all the seats of the Outback and the power of the 3.6R. However, the engine of one that I tried at CarMax made a racket that worried me. The easy traction on dry roads of the 60/40 torque split was very apparent. Easier to drive and throw around turns compared to a 5-cyl T5 XC70. I am still planning on an XC70 thinking that Outbacks will always be available, but not necessarily XC70s. Whereas if I drop money on an Outback now, opportunities to buy an XC70 will diminish while I test-own the Outback.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, really, I never left as my wife drives a 2011 XC60 T6 with Polestar.. I love that SUV

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've owned 6 Subaru's. I do like them a lot. I've gotten hooked on the AWD, I like how they hunker down, whether dry, wet or snow. the Volvo just feels better, more solid driving down the road. I also like the higher torque at lower RPM's. The S60 I purchased is a T6 AWD. I would keep away from that outback. The 3.6R motors are normally solid. But as in any car, they need their maintenance. Best of luck. Oh BTW. have any car you consider purchasing checked by a mechanic you trust.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I sold my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT turbo wagon for a T6 V60 P* tune. Both cars are equally fun to drive. I had to switch to Volvo as Subaru no longer makes a real wagon

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts