SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok look what i did. i put on wheels last week for like my second mod, and i liked it alot. so then i got carried away and bought blue lights. well i put the head lights in and that was fine. however, the turn signals in the front are very very orange and were pissing me off. so i went out and bought blue bulbs for them. i mean these are soo blue, they gotta be illegal. anyways, i put the right side in and it came out beutiful however it dont blink on and off as a signal. (not that i ever signal anyways) then i went to the left and it was soo hard to get to and turn out. i finnally turn the socket out and see the broke the damn thing in half, and on top of that the bulb fell into the lamp. soo im basically screwed. and i call the dealer, and they want $250 to fix it all and put my blue lights in. that sick in the head, but i gotta do it. please tell me if there is a easier way to fix this and a cheaper way. thanks

wiseguy

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I hate to say it as I don't mean to dis your modifications, but I'd opt for putting it back to stock. Why?

HIDs are more white than normal headlights which tend to have a yellow tint to them. Because your mind thinks regular headlights are white (when actually yellow) your head tricks you into thinking HIDs are purple/blue (opposite on the color scale for those who studied optics or art out there). HIDs in pure white are much more efficient because they are pure white, whereas blue lights are simply filtered and thus, less efficient. You're actually handicapping your car.

If you really want HIDs, you may want to consider an upgrade modification like http://www.hids4less.com . About $600 should upgrade your car to HIDs, though they too may not be legal due to not having autoleveling. I can tell you though, your current setup is probably illegal.

Finally, try to use your turnsignal, especially if you drive fast. My own ego tells me that signalling, at the very least, tells lesser drivers what you are doing so maybe they can get out of the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts