SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Good god I love this car. This car is literally going to see me through every part of my life for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Mom!!!! Pdw is drunk again!!!
i died reading this

I love my SR too though. thats why i havent gotten rid of it even after all these problems ive had.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
Good god I love this car. This car is literally going to see me through every part of my life for the foreseeable future.
Until you have to pay to have the block re-sleeved, or the AOC goes out. . . then your wallet will make you hate it.

:)

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Interesting thing about the XC90, people are trading in their Porsche's for them. The local volvo has a Macan and a Cayanne pretty newly on the lot lol.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
.... the horror .... the horror ...

hmm. wait a second... I vaguely remember that "voice"...

p.s. I just looked at my sig.. I'm hang out here for almost 13 years??? where theF time goes??

OMG. I remember you. hahaha. your posts aways gone..

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
oh petew...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took my car to (trusted dealership) for a brake fluid change / service before I take my boy back to college after his winter break.
Pads are thin, a job I'd typically do myself but I'm old and it's cold, and I'm rich... so... I'm taking a chance with the (pardon the expression)
"professionals".

Yes I know ... (this part heavily edited) .... tools, loose / missing bolts and parts, things left disconnected, parts downright missing .... and it happens at (trusted dealership) too.... I know, I know.... but of all the dealerships in my area, (trusted dealership) is the least worst.

Hey, the last time I left the R with them they put 7 liters of oil in it... After the short drive home there was oil everywhere ---
all over the engine bay, running down the underside of the car from stem to stern... huge puddle on the garage floor.... the sad thing is,
I don't think any of them get high, or come to work drunk: they are just stupid. I like these guys ... I spend time with them and like talking to them about cars ... but they don't seem to care the way we do.

but it's cold ... and I'm old ... and I don't bend it the places I used to.

I digress... not why I'm posting:

While there, I went into the showroom to look at the Monster Truck Volvo is selling to tiny women and guys with member issues...

the xc90 "R-youkiddingme" ....

what a pile of ship ....

a HUGE pile of ship.

You know ... a lot of folk here are way too young and will never know that Volvo used to make honest, authentic cars.

old people ... are so full of **** ... because they see how "temporary" things have become.

I love my R ... will never sell it, will spend whatever it takes to keep it nice.

Yea, we're picking the car up tomorrow, and heading up into the Lehigh to poach some turns before the lifts open.... the boy has to be
back in Troy Sunday afternoon ... but I can slide over to VT if this storm hugs the coast and dumps freshies....

and sleep in the back of my wagon if need be.

I love my VR.

TROY ?!? RPI ? class of 2014 here

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Say what you will about the XC90, it is one fantastically beautiful car inside and out. Especially inside. The big let-down for me with the R is the rather mundane interior. I remember when I first sat in it and had the impression of "wow this is pretty utilitarian." They did the best they could with the better leather and nice dials and steering wheel, but the guts and bones are still pretty bargain bin. Volvo has really got its act together in regards to interior and design and will reap the rewards.

·
Registered
501 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts