SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my T5 for about a week! It's a beauty! Mine is a black one with graphite leather and beige Sisal and with 17 inch wheels! A great car especially comparing to my old V70 XC, however, today I found out how thin the roof is
. It was raining pretty heavily today, and when I drove under some trees, the water drops fell on the roof of my car and it sounded like I was under a tin roof! I don't remember having that experience with my V70 XC. One more thing, I'm very satisfied with almost eveything about the car except the feel of the steering wheel. I think it's a bit too "loose" for a euporean sport car. Anyone?

Karen

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the steering feel is a normal issue for S60 considered the European reviews I have read.

They always complained one trait of S60's dynamic qualities that's not up to German competitors. That trait is the steering's off center feel.

I have driven an S60 2.4, I think the steering provides better than average off and on center feel. Keep in mind this is a entry-level version of S60. The general dynamic qualities are excellent for a Volvo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure I'll love my T5 when it arrives (Black also). But there will be three things that will keep it from being perfect:

The steering (as you noted)

The light clutch action

The notchy shifting

I will adjust to the first two, and my hope is that the stick will smooth out over time.

Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I drove the 2.4T but ordered the T5. I can't wait. I opted for the sport chassis which I hope will provide a little extra "control" in the handling. Course I doubt this will add too much in the way of improving the steering feel, but I'm hopeful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts