SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....I miss it! :(

My 1998 V70R blew a head gasket 10 days ago, the DAY before family vacation. So there's been a delay in getting it fixed. Head comes back from the machine shop today, hope to have the car back by the weekend.

I love driving my wife's Cooper S Clubman (and it was a fun challenge to re-think family vacation in THAT context), and yet I miss my big silver lump, ya know?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Oh I know! I love my big silver lump :)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I feel you. I'm waiting on axle seals to come in Friday so I can drive mine too. Transmission died at the end of July and it's sucked having to drive the Camry everywhere!

Sometimes the older cars have more charm.

·
Registered
132 Posts
to be a true SwedeSpeed enthusiast, you're supposed to have a spare V70 T5 lying around there somewhere... did you misplace yours? and what about that '94 850 Turbo you kept meaning to part out even though it runs... don't you have one of those out back that you can jump-start and use on the fly?

(oh, so i'm not the only one with just one vintage speed machine? heh heh heh...)

hope it runs like new when you get her back.
and better BEFORE the vacation than DURING the vacation, right?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be a true SwedeSpeed enthusiast, you're supposed to have a spare V70 T5 lying around there somewhere... did you misplace yours? and what about that '94 850 Turbo you kept meaning to part out even though it runs... don't you have one of those out back that you can jump-start and use on the fly?

(oh, so i'm not the only one with just one vintage speed machine? heh heh heh...)

hope it runs like new when you get her back.
and better BEFORE the vacation than DURING the vacation, right?
LOL MUCH better before than during! :eek: And I've only been in the Swedespeed fold since my purchase at the end of 2010, I haven't had the time (nor, with the upkeep on the R, the cash) to amass other bricks.

Yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts