SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a few others when I bought my XC90 without the advance package (facepalm) I didn’t realize there would be no front park sensors, aka front park assist. It’s bundled with the Advance pkg and front park assist pilot. We didn’t want the self parking function or heads up display...well the wife didn’t.

On the bumper there are already place holders for the sensors and you just need to purchase two more brackets for the lower grills that hold the sensors.

I asked my dealer to see what it costs to install the Volvo park assist pilot accessory since that’s all I see on Volvos website.
$2400!

Now I asked them if they can just do the front park assist sensors/software without the self parking function. They are still researching.

Has anyone done this?

My othe roption is to just install an aftermarket system using the pre-existing locations in tree front bumper. My wife just needs the audible prompts when the car is getting close to other objects.

Boggles my mind that Volvo doesn’t have this as standard on their largest SUV.

By they way, the new XC60 come with front park assist without the advance pkg. AP just adds the pilot and some other tech stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like a few others when I bought my XC90 without the advance package (facepalm) I didn't realize there would be no front park sensors, aka front park assist. It's bundled with the Advance pkg and front park assist pilot. We didn't want the self parking function or heads up display...well the wife didn't.

On the bumper there are already place holders for the sensors and you just need to purchase two more brackets for the lower grills that hold the sensors.

I asked my dealer to see what it costs to install the Volvo park assist pilot accessory since that's all I see on Volvos website.
$2400!

Now I asked them if they can just do the front park assist sensors/software without the self parking function. They are still researching.

Has anyone done this?

My othe roption is to just install an aftermarket system using the pre-existing locations in tree front bumper. My wife just needs the audible prompts when the car is getting close to other objects.

Boggles my mind that Volvo doesn't have this as standard on their largest SUV.

By they way, the new XC60 come with front park assist without the advance pkg. AP just adds the pilot and some other tech stuff.
I just got an 2016 CPO XC90 T6 Inscription.
I'm at the same boat as you.
There's no just the front sensor, i was surprise by that front "Dummy" plug.

31414261 - Park assist pilot
31428828 - Harness
31414744 - programming

Totaling, 1604$CAD plus tax.

I found this very steep.

We never going to need for automatic parking.
The 360surround camera is quite mediocre quality.
I'm thinking going to put rain-X so to keep the lens clean all the time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Parts alone are $800-$900 maybe more. Labor is what kills it...12-16 hours at whatever rate they charge. Quotes I got were $2500 to install the whole thing plus paint as you need to paint 4 of the sensors and brackets.

Advance pkg alone is $2500!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Parts alone are $800-$900 maybe more. Labor is what kills it...12-16 hours at whatever rate they charge. Quotes I got were $2500 to install the whole thing plus paint as you need to paint 4 of the sensors and brackets.

Advance pkg alone is $2500!
So, because originally, i wanted an CPO 2017 Q7, didn't bought, and had some yearly bonus from my work.
I ended up installing, both, the Park Pilot with Front added sensor (Qty: 6) and two added to (existing 4) in the park.
The car parks itselfs. Which is very nice.

As well, I upgrades to the newest Pilot Assist 2!!

Both cost me of tax include (15%), 4800$Canadian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts