SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, sad but true, I just picked up a 1999 V70GLT today with about 47K miles on it. It's white with tan interior. Very nice, esp after my 744Ti of 15 years. Now the 965 needs some suspension work.

Any suggestions for improved performance, ie T5 Lite? G-Valve and a boost gauge?

What's the boost on this thing anyway?

Thanks wb

·
Administrator
55,940 Posts
Hey Warren,
you are just around the corner. I'm looking for feedback on a supposed new chip from IPD for 99 & 2000 GLT models. But haven't got a reply.

Garrett has a chip available and Curry's near you in Fairfax and their shop with a dyno near me on 28 does the GIAC chips. I was considering it for our S70 but I would like to find a used V70 GLT or T5 and tweak it.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Warren Bain:
Yes, sad but true, I just picked up a 1999 V70GLT today with about 47K miles on it.

What's the boost on this thing anyway?

Hey..why sad? You picked up a pretty neat wagon!

Boost is about 6.5psi.

If you get iPd to reprogram your ECU, you can up your HP from 190 to 230 (provided you get a sport exhaust too). Wetterauer hasa good upgrade too for the LPT engine.

Congratulations on your "new" brick!

Yannis

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll post a pic soon. I think the wife will hijack the car and I'll be driving the 965. HaHa.

After many years of having a dark red car and a dark blue car, to see this white car in my driveway was quite a shock. I guess I'll be getting a few comments from the neighbors.

BTW, my neighbor has a 1979 242 w/400K on it.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Warren,

Congrats on the new car, and nice to see you at Swedespeed.
You have helped me out a few times over at BB with my 95' 964.

Just curious, how would you compare the driving experince and demeanor of the I5-LPT in the V70 GLT vs. the I6-NA in the 965?

-Drew

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Drew, thanks for the complement on the help. As for the comparison, the 965 has a smooth and steady progression of power while the V70 has more get up and go. I still have to get used to the 5 cyl vibration.

My cars are now red, white and blue. I'm very patriotic. Pics to follow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts