SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the subscription is the pricy part. And the scary thing about DICE is all the cheap knockoffs. Not sure what a genuine DICE costs these days through volvoservicetools.com. I've thought about making the investment myself but I'll probably just see what AutoScandia can do for me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got a new steering wheel decor panel to install but it requires disconnecting the SRS airbag. After reinstalling the SRS airbag, VIDA is needed to:
- Activate the SRS system in accordance with: "VIDA/ DIAGNOSTICS/ VEHICLE COMMUNICATION/ Advanced/ SRS/ Powering the SRS system" before turning the ignition key.
- Initiate window position in accordance with: "VIDA/ DIAGNOSTICS/ VEHICLE COMMUNICATION/ Advanced/ Initiating window position"

Is this something you'd be willing to help with? Where are you located?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Alrighty. Looks like I need to get smart on DiCE clones because the real thing costs $1200 and it just ain't worth it for a shadetree DIYer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is there a thread that discusses the clones and specifically whom to order from to get a working unit? I have a '99 GLT that has had the SRS light on since I pulled the dash for the crack repair. 1999 seems to be kind of a limbo year. It doesn't have a full vehicle CAN bus and sometimes seems to be a bit of a special case on some other things too. I'd love to order a DICE clone with at least a small modicum of confidence.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thousands of threads talking about VIDA clone. Clone DiCE kit takes less then 100 euro (even lower)

This has been an on going battle for me about getting one. I am not the most computer saavy, and reading all the threads, i finally place an order here:
http://www.obd2express.co.uk/wholesale/volvo-vida-dice-diagnostic-tool-obd2express.html

My VIDA 2014D loaded perfectly on Win 7, no Virtual machine. But older versions have to fire up a Windows XP computer (or run it in a virtual machine like VirtualBox) There are more cables dangling around and you need a flat place to put down the laptop while operating it.

This said, it does do a lot more than your code readers. I was able to run a ETM sweep test, and did my own TCM adaptation. The adaptation did wonders and it worked out some of the small downshift bumps I had.

Looking through the menus, you can get just about every parameters out of the car's various computers as well as calibrate other things like your CCM vent and temperature settings. Quite impressive.

This is indeed a working unit. The downside is that firmware can't be updated and that's the BIG difference from original VIDA/DiCE. Software keeps updating but not often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts