SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sittng at a red light when I'm hit in the rear by an '89 Corrola. The driver was watching her newly purchased pizza.
I figure a couple of thousand to replace the bumper and chipped tail light. This should be fun.
At least no one was hurt. I feel bad for her because I suspect paying either directly or through increased insurance premiums is going to be easy...

Modified by carsonlake at 10:57 AM 3-21-2006

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: I hate people (carsonlake)

WTF? Watching a pizza? What was she thinking, that the pizza is going to run away? Sorry to hear about the accident. Insurance will take care of it.

BTW, are you located in Lakewood, next to Cerritos?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Sorry for the mishap. I guess that was an expensive pizza in the end.

Since she's driving an 89 Corolla, I hope she has the good sense to at least carry insurance (there are those that shirk the system you know). Her car will probably be a total regardless of damage.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hate rocks.

I feel your pain. Three days into the R experience I took a rock from oncoming traffic! Fabulous.

$1300 to replace and install the headlight! Fortunatly Geico is going to pick up all but $500.

And since Geico is pretty much paying for the replacement I'm getting the Euro style lights (Another convert for you R Kelly!). So if you or anyone needs a passenger side headlight I'll have one soon with only 1200 miles on it. Let me know. And good luck with the repairs! That's no fun.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (carsonlake)

Quote, originally posted by carsonlake »
My favorite part is that she says, "Don't worry about me paying you-- I believe in Karma."

So perhaps it was destiny that brought your two cars together?

·
Registered
6,888 Posts

Yes, Lakewood near Cerritos. My favorite part is that she says, "Don't worry about me paying you-- I believe in Karma."

I hope she got food poisoning from her pizza.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

Yes, Lakewood near Cerritos. My favorite part is that she says, "Don't worry about me paying you-- I believe in Karma."

word of advice: stay away from Pioneer Blvd.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I am HATING too. So I go to a St. Patty's night Poker party. Have a great time and win the pot of gold. Is this the luck of the IRISH?

It is 3AM, and I go out to my car. As I cross the street, I step on some round metal thing. Was tired and did not think much of it. As I drive home, I get this stupid sick feeling like something is wrong. Don't ask me what but a sick feeling that something has happened to my beloved R. My baby. After I put her in the garage. I take a walkaround and to my dismay - I FIND A FRICKEN MARK ON MY HOOD AND THE MY HOOD IS A 1/4 INCH LOWER THAN MY BUMPER! WTF, I take really good care of my car, keep it out of the rain, park far away, and now some MFer does this to my R. Needless to say, I had a hard time sleeping that night. I would like to find the MFer and explain to him how to respect other people's property. Of course, would like to do this with FIST in his face and my foot up his ass!

There are a few white marks, luckily no paint scratches. I took it to my Body shop and he buffed out the white marks, and we definately found a 1 inch minor dent and my hood is lower than my bumper on the drivers side. Estimate $800 and repaint hood and bumper to match. Or get dent pros - $200 no new paint. Any of you guys used one of those dent pro guys???

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Re: I hate people (GLee)

I have used the local Dent Pro here in Reno Nevada. He is a magician. I can't speak for others. You say your hood is an inch lower than your bumper. Do you mean Fender? oclv

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: I hate people (oclv)

My car was becoming a frigging ding magnet, got 5 new dents in a week.
So I learned myself to massage the dents out. I got some tips from my bro who works in a body shop, practiced with one door and now it takes me 15 minutes to push out a small dent so you won't see it if you don't know what you're looking for. Volvo panels are so thin and soft it's easy to do if you have good hand-eye coordination and you can get behind there. So a ding doctor can certainly do a good job with a volvo especially if the clearcoat can be buffed out.

·
Registered
35 Posts

My buddy recommended Dent Performance in South San Jose, CA.
His card says "specializing in High-End vehicles" this guy is good.
Owner operator: Brad Treece
Bus phone: 408 227 8031 Cell: 408 210 6922

Brad came out to my house and explained to me that since the dent was at the edge of the aluminum hood where the top metal meets the bottom piece, he would not be able to get his tools in to pop it out. He was going to try to straighten the hood and do his best with the dent.
The body shop also said that getting out the ding at the edge of the hood will be hard. Brad worked his magic and got the hood straight and the dent about 99.5% out. I am completely happy and totally satisfied with his work.
I would highly recommend Brad to anyone who has a dent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts