SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like y'all are some loyal people up in here with all your 17 Volvos you've owned in your signatures ;-). I've never owned a Volvo, never wanted to own a Volvo...until I needed a "company car" now that my business is on its feet and need to get things done and stop worrying about getting around. I got sold on leasing by one of the partners, then I got turned on to the new S60, and drove a few of them, then found out about the Costco deal on the T6 R-Design and here we are. I did just get the car today but I am loving it. Its a "stripper" just the 19" wheels and sport chassis, as well as the heated rear seats/wheel that you can't avoid around here. I drove a few of them and the sport chassis was a gotta have for me, if only mentally, I am used to driving more juvenile good handling cars so I couldn't pass it up. We were able to find just the right one and have the dealer swap for it.

Volvo seems to get little press, major outlets barely review these cars in depth, my business partners snickered when I told them I got a Volvo. That social status is stuff is realer than I thought. This car is very underrated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome-Beautiful car! I love my R design but I’m a tiny tiny bit disappointed by the steering / handling. That being said, def not a deal breaking considering the overall package and lease discount I was getting.

I wish I had tried finding a car with the sport chassis. They are hard to find ! Esp on the T5. I never even got a chance to drive it. I know it’s only a $200 option but Is it significantly better than the base R design suspension ? I’m guessing it resolves the slight floaty nature of the car when you push it too hard. Any difference in steering feel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats! Definitely underrated, you're going to love it! Great color too.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Beautiful!! Ive had mine since Feb 28th and LOVE IT!!!! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations! Is that the Denim Blue color? I'm looking at one right now with the Blonde interior but it's been sitting on the lot and is filthy. Looks great in this picture.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes all! Still loving the car. Getting used to the Sensus, I was concerned about having a screen with no buttons at all. I remember when a friends Dad got the first iDrive car (645Ci) and how awful that first gen system was. 3 levels of menus just to change the radio station. But that's what I like about the Sensus so far, it seems complex in that it presents the confusion of having so many options up front, but the upside is it has very few levels of drill down menus, which I think works better over time as you get more familiarity with it. Less clicks and swipes to do stuff.

I know it’s only a $200 option but Is it significantly better than the base R design suspension ? I’m guessing it resolves the slight floaty nature of the car when you push it too hard. Any difference in steering feel?
I would say yes it does address the floaty-ness, we have lots of bad roads around Boston, confidence is high in the bends. Overall though its a subtle change, sport chassis is not an aggressive set up at all, so probably a nice to have but not a requirement for overall enjoyment.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Congrats, Power6. Some of your friends/colleagues/partners will be envious of this car and the way it drives but may have a hard time admitting it. Nonetheless, your daily smile will be all that matters. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations! Is that the Denim Blue color? I'm looking at one right now with the Blonde interior but it's been sitting on the lot and is filthy. Looks great in this picture.
Wife has an XC90 in Denim Blue with a blonde interior. We really like that color scheme.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The partners already like the looks and want to drive it ;-)

I was totally open on color, since I needed them to find a low option sport chassis car. Beggars can't be choosers and all that. I wouldn't have picked blue, but now I am really liking it. Sometimes you let chance be your guide heh.

·
3,899 Posts
Amazing Combo!

Get that gorgeous paint Clear bra'd and Ceramic Coated! It will look insane for years to come.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Congrats, Power6. Some of your friends/colleagues/partners will be envious of this car and the way it drives but may have a hard time admitting it. Nonetheless, your daily smile will be all that matters. :cool:
There's something to be said about being different. And Volvo's are a stand out, because they aren't run of the mill like the Hondas, Toyotas, or Subrarus you see population the road.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Congrats and welcome :beer:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was dropping some equipment off at a customer's office today, I just happened to be standing in a conf room 2 floors above my car sitting down next to the building entrance. A couple walked by with their dog, the husband circled around the S60 a couple times, took a peek inside, then looked back as he was walking away to catch up with his lady...yup that's a Volvo buddy.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I was dropping some equipment off at a customer's office today, I just happened to be standing in a conf room 2 floors above my car sitting down next to the building entrance. A couple walked by with their dog, the husband circled around the S60 a couple times, took a peek inside, then looked back as he was walking away to catch up with his lady...yup that's a Volvo buddy.
There you go! Welcome to my weekly happenings; whether it's an XC90, XC40, V60, V90, S90...same thing happens...parking lots, gas stations, car washes, valet parking (valets very frequently leave the car up front), pedestrians crossing in front of my car....
Stares, double takes, strangers approaching and asking me about the car....You name it :cool:

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
There you go! Welcome to my weekly happenings; whether it's an XC90, XC40, V60, V90, S90...same thing happens...parking lots, gas stations, car washes, valet parking (valets very frequently leave the car up front), pedestrians crossing in front of my car....
Stares, double takes, strangers approaching and asking me about the car....You name it :cool:
I see Volvos new and old on the road. But it's always nice to spot another one in the parking lot. People too often think of Volvo as that boxy, odd shaped car, that comes off as boring. Volvo has long progressed from that moniker.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I drive a lot of different cars throughout the year, and new Volvos seem to be one of the most eye-catching ones. I had the new V60 two weeks ago - that car attracted a lot of attention and I got plenty of thumbs up. Last year I had the XC40 in Amazon Blue and few different people approached me asking details about the car. They unanimously said it was the best looking SUV they've ever seen!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congratulations. All of us here are underrated Volvo lovers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts