SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bout a month ago my heater hose burst near where it connects opposite of the firewall connection. Brought it to my indy for a quick fix and they cut off the end that failed and reinstalled, but the hose still needs to be replaced as it's soft and both hoses have a bit of leaking from the crimp up top near the firewall coupler.

Anyone have experience replacing these heater inlet and outlet hoses? Looks like I'll need to remove all the air intake parts to clear some space? Looks like one hose may connect to the turbo inlet pipe I'm guessing?

If I can't dig up any info, I'll do what I can to come up with a writeup on the process to help people in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey there I just replaced my heater inlet hose and still need to do the outlet hose, I was able to do it without taking off the turbo air inlet tubing as the inlet snakes underneath the air intake tubung. I removed the top attachment to the block of the lower radiator hose to make space to undo the clamp on the block side. Once I had both ends of the hose undone, I pushed the old hose out through the back near the firewall under the air intake hose and was able to pull from the top and get the old one out. Then came the task of pushing the new hose down past the air inlet then I used a pair of long grabbers and was able to pull the side that attaches to the block through the same spot as the old one went out. It takes some finagling and a couple tight hand squeezes but it should pull through the Gap and hook back in no problem.

I'm not so sure about the outlet tho, I've yet to find where that actually plugs in .

Best of luck to ya. It took me about 3 hours and I'm moderately car savvy lol

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there I just replaced my heater inlet hose and still need to do the outlet hose, I was able to do it without taking off the turbo air inlet tubing as the inlet snakes underneath the air intake tubung. I removed the top attachment to the block of the lower radiator hose to make space to undo the clamp on the block side. Once I had both ends of the hose undone, I pushed the old hose out through the back near the firewall under the air intake hose and was able to pull from the top and get the old one out. Then came the task of pushing the new hose down past the air inlet then I used a pair of long grabbers and was able to pull the side that attaches to the block through the same spot as the old one went out. It takes some finagling and a couple tight hand squeezes but it should pull through the Gap and hook back in no problem.

I'm not so sure about the outlet tho, I've yet to find where that actually plugs in .

Best of luck to ya. It took me about 3 hours and I'm moderately car savvy lol

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Yeesh that's not comforting lol. So since I just recently had this in the shop, I was going to have them replace both hoses. But when they got in there, even though their part numbers matched up, they got the wrong hoses. So that's when they did the temporary fix (cutting the opposite end of the hose where it ripped). So that being said, since they were just in there, hopefully everything is easy to get to and comes out easy. I'm doing this job at the same time as doing my passenger front axle and my water pump, so it's not much more work for me to remove all the air intake components. Except it probably will be but that's the direction I'm gonna go lol. Looks like the outlet may connect nearby to the back of the turbo coolant inlet line (the funky metal one that runs along the back of the block). We'll see, thanks for the input, i'll need the luck!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Once you take off the strut brace and the turbo air inlet pipe, everything will be pretty obvious. Not sure why you'd be needing to take off the turbo air inlet pipe for any of your other tasks though.... Either way, taking that sucker off and getting it back in is a PITA. You're gonna have to get a long extension, or two, in order to manipulate the turbo air inlet pipe hose clamp. Then, you're gonna have to figure out how to twist the pipe such that you can actually remove it from the car. Brake lines and master get in the way... Totally doable, but a seemingly unnecessary hassle...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts