SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start a thread for sharing about things that others may not know about. To start off:<p>I was adjusting the driver seat today and came across a little pocket along the front edge of the seat that I have never noticed before.<p>Finally, a decent place to put some change or other small items in!<p>

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (nomis)

You're right! I found that pocket, too. Seems most appropriate for maps and maybe too sloppy for change. A nice hiding place for stuff though.<p>I like turning on those 'approach lights' at night and in the dark of the garage. Perhaps the novelty will wear off in a few weeks but in the meantime, they're fun and functional.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (Redwing)

That pocket is actually in all modern Volvos now (except maybe the 40 series, can't remember). It's cool, but I find I forget about it and don't use it.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 ([email protected])

X40s have them, also.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (GrecianVolvo)

I didn't know you can actually safely put regular unleaded on the XC90 though I haven't tried it. While other SUV requires premium, Volvo recommends it for best performance.<p>Anyhow tried it? Any knock?<p>Recently had to install both front and rear mud flaps. You'd think with the premium package, the car some come with them. Highly recommend them and the floor/cargo mats. Also, I found out the other day that you can still get reverse-sensing kit on your XC90 for $750 (parts and labor). I wish I could install it myself, but dealer would still have toupload the software (audio).<br><BR><BR>
[Modified by skyslimit, 9:34 PM 1-13-2003]

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (skyslimit)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I didn't know you can actually safely put regular unleaded on the XC90 though I haven't tried it. While other SUV requires premium, Volvo recommends it for best performance.<p>Anyhow tried it? Any knock?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>If you get a knock, have your car checked out. With today's sofisticate computers on board, you are not going to get a knock. The ECU will retard the timing and no knock but, perhaps, less performance and slightly worse mileage.<p>Do not use regular, stay with 91 octane or higher.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (GrecianVolvo)

regarding the premium fuel, do anyone know if the gas from costco is any good?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>regarding the premium fuel, do anyone know if the gas from costco is any good?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Most likely not. With gas, you get what you pay for. I ahve spoken to an executive of a large convenience store that is into gas now....I asked him "how the heck can you beat everyone else's prices by about 8 cents/gallon?" His response was that they do not use all the additives, just the important additives mandated by the government.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (Redwing)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>You're right! I found that pocket, too. Seems most appropriate for maps and maybe too sloppy for change. A nice hiding place for stuff though.<p>I like turning on those 'approach lights' at night and in the dark of the garage. Perhaps the novelty will wear off in a few weeks but in the meantime, they're fun and functional. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><br>What is the range of the approach lights. I find the range to be about 10' with my S80!!! I've heard complaints about it before, people complaining that the keyless entry remote and approach lights not having far engough of a range.<p>

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I didn't know that about the XC90 (Toronto_S80T6)

The last time I tried, I was about 40 ft away, with a direct line of sight to the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I was actualy surprised with the long range of the remote. I have been able to turn on the approach lights from 40-50 yds. across a parking lot. I have also turned them on from inside the house. No complaints here. Maybe the batteries in your remote are weak(?).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts