SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I am a little disappointed in myself right now so take it easy on me. About two weeks ago I hit a curb real hard while making a U-Turn. Inspected the rim and tire and I found no issues. Now Wednesday I came outside only to see my tire was low. I topped it off and went on a 300+ mile drive a few days later (Friday). This morning the tire was once again low. So I took it to a tire place and they gave me the bad news. It has a small hairline crack about a 1/4 inch on the inside of the wheel :mad: . Now my question is..... Is there any way to repair it or where could I find a OEM rim for a decent price? I am actively seeking a replacement.

I have the 18".

I was planning on replacing them with the IPD Pegs or Restore the OEM's but this incident has me against the wall because IPD is currently out of stock.

So my intention now is to restore the OEM's repair or replace the one with the crack.

Please help. I am having a hard time finding a reasonably priced OEM Replacement, Or any advise on a fix for the cracked peg would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I had a heavily cracked 17" peg and repairing it was around $180, while replacing it with a new OEM, shipped, was only $240 (going from fuzzy memory here). So, it wasn't worth it for me to repair. You should call around though, if it's a tiny crack maybe it could be fixed for $50 or so.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
You can get an OEM refurbished from most tire shops ordered for like 200$ plus giving up your cracked one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
dont mix ipd replicas with oem pegs. they are slightly different and you will notice.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where are you located? I'm on my phone so I can't tell, but I'm in VT with 4 18" pegs I can sell cheap, they have curb rash(previous owner) but depending on where you are it could be beneficial

Sent from my Military Air Portable
Unfortunately I am in Jacksonville, Fl.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Where are you located? I'm on my phone so I can't tell, but I'm in VT with 4 18" pegs I can sell cheap, they have curb rash(previous owner) but depending on where you are it could be beneficial

18s, sell cheap? I need more info

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Are the rims from Tasca OE or copies?
I'm also looking for a set of OE 18"pegs. Looking to get them refinished so ill take it anything as long as it holds air. TIA

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I am interested in taking them off your hands.... Name your price.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts