SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in another post I'm 99% sure that I'm going to use that white V70FWD as my driver.
I can't stand the stock waterfall grill as it is right now, so if any of you know of a good looking aftermarket grill that's available or has done some interesting paint work on their stock grill I would appreciate seeing some pictures of either a modified stock (or any available aftermarket) grill.
I do know about the all black eggcrate grill that ipd used to sell and I don't care for that one all that much. Maybe all white it would look good but would prefer to keep the slash.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here's my stock grille, painted black. I removed the grille and masked off the chrome as well as in between the slats. I'm happy with it. Not too bad considering it's about a $7 modification vs the $50+ for an eggcrate grille.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's my stock grille, painted black. I removed the grille and masked off the chrome as well as in between the slats. I'm happy with it. Not too bad considering it's about a $7 modification vs the $50+ for an eggcrate grille.
A definite improvement.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Different grill of course, but monochromatic with just the emblem masked looks great imo.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had one of those I bought for a customer. It may still be here. The all black plastic looked cheap

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does a 08-09 S60 grill fit?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I heard a rumor that it does, because they did change both bumpers post 05 to be more similar. You'll still have to confirm but I've heard yes.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've looked into this myself, was told the S60 grill will snap in, but be a few millimeters away from perfect fit, heightwise. There will be a gap above or below the grille. If you do get a S60 grill, post pics.

Anyway, for now I did mine in anthracite plastidip.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've plasti-dipped the grille on my previous 855 and on this current v70. Easy to do, durable, and looks good. Don't use paint! Even with carful prep and many coats it chipped way too soon.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That's just the look JRL is after! ;-)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Where and how much for plastic dipp in sw florida

stock 04 s60 & highly modded c70 19t
Walmart, lowes, Home Depot, autozone, etc. Like 8.99/can or so

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Paging CrossingCountries.

And for what it's worth I actually think the nuhbadda sticker is sick. That rudebwoy flex.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts