SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: I could really use a dyno (frankhoffy)

Why not try one of those g-force acceleromter devices? The Gtech seems to be the best one but the Beltronics FX2(aka Passport GT2) at less than half the price is also really good (get the FX2 at summit racing on clearence for $108!, you'll also want to get the software and PC cable for another $25 dircect from Beltronics). I got an FX2 and plan to do lots of before and after testing, just need to complete my break-in period before I start really driving this new baby.

LTA

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: I could really use a dyno (R_Rated)

I believe the Gtech RR is the best becuase it uses one more accelerometer than the others do. This third one is used to measure and automatically compensante for the pitch/dive during accelation/breaking. With the others, like my FX2, you have to manually adjust or pick a setting based on some of the cars they tested it on (I'm geussing the S60R in Advanced mode is somewhere closer to but between Audi S4 and the 'volvo sedan').

The Gtech also has the best software but the FX2's is adequate.

I have yet to try my FX2 in my R.

The best way to compensate for all the variables between wind, road slope, temperature, gas, launch quality, etc. is to measure LOTS o of runs and calculate an average.

LTA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.