SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i'd hop on the bandwagon & it'd be nice to track my progress here.

stock pics after i cleaned it up:

black ceramic coated turbo back. phuz dp, magnaflow muffler, stock tip

fmic going on next weekend:

boost gauge & hu:

tcv & some bars

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh i started dying the seat inserts

but the leather is kinda worn & its not coming out so great. i'd probably have better luck with vinyl dye because it flattens it out more. but it makes it so sticky

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm most likely going to get hub adapters & take these wheels off this car to put them on my R instead

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the record, this was my last toy

it was a 99 avenger i built a custom V6 twin turbo setup on using mostly eclipse & 3kgt parts.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Best of luck!! Looks like you've got a healthy start on things! Definitely get the lower braces too.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice! How do you like your exhaust set up? I have the PhuzDP and a resonator delete. So I plan on finishing the rest of the exhaust later. Just can't decide on what muffler to go with.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! How do you like your exhaust set up? I have the PhuzDP and a resonator delete. So I plan on finishing the rest of the exhaust later. Just can't decide on what muffler to go with.
so far so good. my stock muffler was pretty gross, i was afraid what removing the resonator would do to it so i figured just change it all at once. put the stock tip back on. sounds & feels different but looks stock. i kinda enjoy that.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
oh i started dying the seat inserts

but the leather is kinda worn & its not coming out so great. i'd probably have better luck with vinyl dye because it flattens it out more. but it makes it so sticky

What have you done to the middle seat pads so that they've become that purple-ish color?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What have you done to the middle seat pads so that they've become that purple-ish color?
He's re-dyeing them and the light is probably messing with the still wet aspect of the dye to make it look really purplish. That rich blue at the bottom of the mid sections is probably what Nordkap looked like from the factory as opposed to the dulled and aged look around it. Making me jealous and wanting to redye myself.

Who/where did you source the dye from?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Why is that cover all chewed up on each side?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good work Avenger TT.
Looking at your previous ride, I am sure your R will come out similar to the standards of your previous ride.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Are you laying that paint on real thick? The key to painting is even thin coats and not to spray to close to the surface. You want to keep the spray nozzle about 10-12" from the surface. I usually paint with 6-7 light coats and allow a few minutes of flashing in b/t. Looks like the plastic is pretty severely damaged on the left/right sides or the paint was laid on really thick. Definitely doesn't look like fingerprints.

Hope you don't think I am criticizing. Just wanted to offer some paint advice. I have been doing automotive painting as a hobby for 11 years and the same applies for rattle cans.

Prep is also key. Surfaces need to be clean and smooth. I usually clean with rubbing alcohol. Then scuff with 3m/scotchbrite pad, then clean again with fast evap pre-cleaner. Then primer and paint. If bare plastic, spray some bulldog plastic adhesion promoter on first.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a feeling it was too thick. I wet sanded. Cleaned and primed. But I wanna try again.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts