SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to replace the front fog lamp bulbs on my 2005 XC70. Now I've looked and looked and looked for anything resembling a thread to help my in the adventure and haven't had any success.

If you can assist me, I would be grateful.

If you can't then I appreciate your time to read this

Registered
Super easy. Theres a torx bolt holding the two plastic pieces on either side of the front of the car. take it out, and unclip the clip from the front of the wheel well. (when you look you will know what i mean). wiggle the plastic around, and it should come out. boom. access to the foglights. I unplug stuff out of habit, so squeeze the metal clip on the gray piece and pull back. now that its disconnected, twist the orange / yellow bulb holder 90 degrees to your left, and pull out. change the bulb, and line up the tabs for reinstallation.

Registered
Good to know such steps. Thanks for the info.

Registered
Take it one step further... and remove the front bumper. With that said above, you are more than half way. It is super easy, offers amazing access to all kinds of good stuff and a great chance to clean.

I remember I swapped out the fog light assemblies, and man I contorted myself to get them swapped. I was terrified to remove the bumper. But, when I had to replace one of the headlamp assemblies... I was forced too. I laughed at myself how easy it was. And if I CAN DO IT... Anyone can!

LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts