SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

I bought an R.....!

6K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  blackTT55 
#1 ·
battery cover

and made my 01 key into a switchblade with help from John at Boston and Dugums.

FLAME AWAY!

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: I bought an R.....! (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
FLAME AWAY!

Dear moderator,

Please delete this thread.

Thank you.

#9 ·
Copeland, The first step to your actual "R" is to start saving money and stop blowing it on stuff like this and womens jeans as they are way more expensive than guys jeans.

Disclaimer: I know this because of my wife, not from actual experience!

Modified by C130 at 2:45 PM 8-8-2006

#13 ·
I got pulled over about a month or so ago from our Sheriff Dept..... I was ON DUTY in FULL UNIFORM heading to drop off some paperwork to my Capt. and the guy gave me a ticket. I was the only medic on duty in our jurisdiction and he gives me a ticket.....as he is writing it to me (BTW he also cites me for "failure to change address" on my license) I remind him that if he gets injured that I would be the one to assist him. He then looks up at me and continues writing
I called his Lt. and he had my ticket dismissed.

Unless your a cop out here, there is no such thing as "professional courtesy"

Closet thing I have seen to professional courtesy is my friends pulling me over, sitting in thier car with thier spotlight in my eyes for 10 minutes so I may not identify them and then them coming to my window laughing and saying whats up, just to delay me.
They think its hilarious

<-----how it is right now

#14 ·
Re: (Copeland)

I've had many "professional courtesy" incidents while I was a volunteer firefighter. Some of them don't always end up in me walking away without a ticket though. They really just "lower" it to a lesser offense.

In any case, nice key to keep with the topic.

#16 ·
Yes, I previously had a seperate key and seperate remote.
I received the remote from dugums and I ordered the KIR key (key integrated remoted) from John at Boston cut to my VIN. I just need to have my dealer program the key. It does everything but start my car as of right now.

#17 ·

I got pulled over about a month or so ago from our Sheriff Dept..... I was ON DUTY in FULL UNIFORM heading to drop off some paperwork to my Capt. and the guy gave me a ticket. I was the only medic on duty in our jurisdiction and he gives me a ticket.....as he is writing it to me (BTW he also cites me for "failure to change address" on my license) I remind him that if he gets injured that I would be the one to assist him. He then looks up at me and continues writing
I called his Lt. and he had my ticket dismissed.

Unless your a cop out here, there is no such thing as "professional courtesy"

Closet thing I have seen to professional courtesy is my friends pulling me over, sitting in thier car with thier spotlight in my eyes for 10 minutes so I may not identify them and then them coming to my window laughing and saying whats up, just to delay me.
They think its hilarious

[

Cope, no sympathy from me on this--the cop did his job, and much more important than professional courtesy, he showed professional integrity. This slope quickly gets very slippery: when we start making exceptions for (arguably) minor things like a little speeding, it is that much easier to make exceptions for other far worse things. Rules/laws should apply to all of us the same.

#19 ·
Re: (kenschel)

Quote, originally posted by kenschel »
Cope, no sympathy from me on this--the cop did his job, and much more important than professional courtesy, he showed professional integrity. This slope quickly gets very slippery: when we start making exceptions for (arguably) minor things like a little speeding, it is that much easier to make exceptions for other far worse things. Rules/laws should apply to all of us the same.

#20 ·
Re: (kenschel)

Quote, originally posted by kenschel »

So, are you telling us that you have never done a '"professional courtesy" to anyone as a doctor?

#21 ·
Re: (C130)

Quote, originally posted by C130 »
So, are you telling us that you have never done a '"professional courtesy" to anyone as a doctor?

good question. Professional courtesy in the medical world means providing your professional service to another physician without charge, or at a reduced charge. I have done this for medical students, residents, and on occasion for neighbors who needed some help. In this type of professional courtesy, the courtesy relates to the refusal to accept payment for your service, and doesn't invole breaking any laws. Commonly this is done routinely for members of the clergy as well. It does not involve looking the other way, with a wink and a nod, when someone has done something wrong.

#22 ·

Yes, I previously had a seperate key and seperate remote.
I received the remote from dugums and I ordered the KIR key (key integrated remoted) from John at Boston cut to my VIN. I just need to have my dealer program the key. It does everything but start my car as of right now.

So the remote is the lower part with the buttons and the KIR is the upper part wich holds the key? John was able to cut the key just using just your VIN?

#24 ·
Re: I bought an R.....! (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copenhagen »
I bought an R.....!

now that you got your key fob done...you should get the R steering wheel.

#25 ·
Re: I bought an R.....! (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
now that you got your key fob done...you should get the R steering wheel.

Perhaps a set of Pegs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.