SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine yesterday. We were about 50th on the "list", but ended up getting the 5th car that the dealer has sold (northern CA). I asked how this happened, and was told that most are specific ordered cars, and that I was more flexible than others. I originally picked a green 2.5T with 7 seats but no Nav but it sank in the Channel. I got a silver one with Nav. *sooner* than I would have gotten the 1st one. I'm not sure I'm buying the dealer's story. It seems unusual to move up 45 spots, no?<p>I like the XC90 very much, BUT...... it is expensive, has some deficiencies (nothing's perfect), and the country's economy sucks. I was on the fence regarding spending this kind of money. If the dealer had BS'd me on $ at all I would have walked. In spite of what people may say, *no* one *needs* this car. As is typical with any hot new model, there is a lot of vested interest in fanning the PR flames for as long as possible. Any one whose paycheck comes from Volvo would be crazy to do otherwise. I know...I bought a Mazda Miata in 1990, and the hype was the same.<p>This is not to say the XC90 is not a great car. I did buy one after all. But I think there is evidence that things are cooling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: I bet XC90 supply will loosen up sooner than expected (lensxc90)

Well, I'm not sure if the supply will loosen up, but now I think there is a small pool of XC90s that just arrived and for whatever reason, all the people on the waiting list don't want them.<p>I finally decided to do it and I was not on any waiting lists... I emailed the 12 closest dealers (all within 120 miles) and the next morning I had two dealers call with a unit ready for immediate delivery. We decided to go with the 2.5T (Nautic Blue/Premium/Versatility/Climate/17" Wheels/DPII Sound). We called, drove down that night and took delivery from Palm Springs Volvo. So it took me less than 24 hours to get one without ever having visted a Volvo dealership before.<p>I asked the dealer why they had two XC90s and they said it was because everyone on their waiting list wanted a light colored vehicle (Silver, White, Crysal Green, etc.). They also said they didn't know what they were getting and the packages on the cars were not choosen by them but by Volvo. They said they were told they coudn't order them like that and that they would have to take what they got. They only have four on the lot and once they go--- that's it for a while-- I have a feeling it will be like that for other dealers as well.<p>So bottom line is if your not picky you can get one NOW! But if you are, you will have to wait. I have a feeling in a month or so these cars will be harder to come by...<p>BTW-- I ran into a couple of dealers closer to LA & Orange County who were nice enough to tell me over the phone that if I didn't lease they would be charging a premium over MSRP for the vehicle. STAY AWAY from these dealers!!<p>Well- I'm thrilled with the 2.5T- Plenty of power for me-- It devoured the road and I felt if I wasn't going between 80-100 mph it was not happy : )-- I'm going to really have to watch the speedometer 'cause once these things get going they fly!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts