SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story..

I am cruising this moring getting the usual sunday morning bagels for my wife and some guest I have a Latte in my hand and this Yellow RX8 comes right up my ass...(I hate that ) so I stomp on the brakes (to warn him to back off ) so he slamms on his breaks and freeks out I ingnore him and smile through my tinted windows.. anyways he paces by my side for about 2 min at 45mph. And every once in a while he guns it to jump ahead and hit the brakes again 2 or 3 times.. ( if this was 2 years ago before I mad my baby boy I would stop my car and rip him out of his and crack hear head open little PUNK!) os I am like WTF... he goes again I put my latte down and he hiss it 1st I mash the gas in Advanced mode and by the time we are ripping down this looong blv I am over 120 mph and this Jack a_ss is like 4 cars behind me. I slow down and chill until the next exit. As I slow down to make a Righ turn he does a Ricer fly by gives me his hazzards?? and flips me the bird from his sun roof.. ahh what a soar LOSER. That car is weak by the way I think he has a exhaust it was abit loud but what the hell is wrong with people bothering you on a sunday , hazards and midle finger? LOL.. Buddy if u find a volvo forum and see this ..your a queer smoked you with a Cafe Late in my hand

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (zigger)

Not to sound negative or anything, but you should seriously consider, or reconsider, why you initially purchased this car. Just think about this for a moment.

KVB

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (steamboatsig)

Embarrasing because, if a person is aware enough of their surroundings you would have seen him coming and MOVED OVER. NOT hit the brakes. That's a good way to get shot. Sounds like something a teenager would do. Or a gang banger

·
Registered
602 Posts

Why didn't you just move over?? Ego most likely, and that WILL get you killed! Slamming on the brakes out of bravado is dangerous and immature. Tapping lightly three times to "Signal" him to back away for safety sake is the correct thing to do...and thats if your on a freeway or windy road, not getting your Latte!!!!!

You are totally in the wrong here bro and wont get my support on this one..sorry!

Perhaps anger counseling might be in order for you?????

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Embarrasing because, if a person is aware enough of their surroundings you would have seen him coming and MOVED OVER. NOT hit the brakes. That's a good way to get shot. Sounds like something a teenager would do. Or a gang banger

I have to agree there. I was taking advantage of an lull in traffic and opened up the throttle on the 278 the other day, and I guess a new vette saw me taking off because the next thing I know I'm seeing it coming up on me realllll fast. I just pulled over to the right for a second, let him fly by, and then gave chase for a few minutes. I'm always glad to have someone else up front to get officer friendly's attention before I get there.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (MASH)

That's what I meant. Why would you slam on the brakes when YOU are the one impeding traffic with a "latte" in your hand. That's embarrasing. Lol.

·
Registered
514 Posts

What's embarrasing? The fact that I don't brake check every person that rides up on my ass? Then continue to race with an opponent who has less power than I? All of this action taking place on a public road with nothing but a straight line? All of this proves proves what? That a given car has better power-to-wieght ratio when stomping your right foot to the floor?

It's one thing to produce a unique car which has much more power than stock, but to go stock vs. stock proves nothing other than what has been stated in magazines. Magazines which state this information at the very end, BTW.

Kevin

·
Registered
514 Posts

Oops, I misunderstood your post. Please don't take offense to what I had wrote before. It just happened to be the first reply to his writing and it sounded as though he was promoting what he had written.

Sincere apologies,
Kevin

Modified by KVB at 11:08 AM 3-12-2006

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

Hmmm, on the Autobahn no one pulls this kind of stunt (you would get a ticket for impeding traffic). Perhaps moving out of the way would have been a better alternative instead of risking getting your car smashed up in the rear. If there is a lot of traffic, then certainly tapping your brakes a few times will give the driver ample warning to back off. (Other than that, I guess the RX-8 driver will be a little leary of Volvo grocery getters for a while)

·
Registered
330 Posts

Long Island is already a scary enough place to drive. Thanks for doing your part. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (JimLill)

Quote, originally posted by JimLill »
<sigh>

Exactly. People like this make your job hard, Jim.

Boy, dude, I'm glad that you've calmed down since you had your son.

Modified by needsdecaf at 2:55 PM 3-12-2006

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (needsdecaf)

What's even worse is the fact that IF that person would have hit you IT WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR FAULT! You insurance company (if proven that you slammed on the brakes) would have dropped you and you would have been issued a citation for "using a vehicle as a potetially deadly weapon" Just tap the brakes. No need for slamming unless a DEER is in front of you.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (JimLill)

Quote, originally posted by JimLill »
<sigh>

Sigh (2)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ha ha ... I didn't slam the brakes.. I tapped them a few times cuz he was RIIDING me and smilling.. almost like he wanted to taunt me..F-him Your wrong btw if he hits me he is at fault no matter what. What pissed me off the most was the fact that he paced me for 3 min at the same speed and on off gas.. I love to play. If he was a cool guy and just rolled next to me with a nice nod , smile or thums up it would be cool and I would do a little fun run with him but they way this Prick aproched the whole thing was just wrong.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: (zigger)

this board is full of street race haters. don't take it too personal.

I for one am glad you smoked his ASS. Just be careful.

It is always better to keep this stuff on the track and off the steets. But every once in a while, you just give in and do it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: post feedback...

??????? There seemed to be way to little info in the original post to be flaming zigger for the event. Everyone seems so afraid that life is going to bite them in the butt if they do the slightest little thing to offend someone else. At least on the autobahn they have the courtesy to flash their lights and let you know they want to get by. Sounds like the RX wanted to play and he got back what he wanted in spades. Zigger shouldn't feel bad for that.

<heavy sigh>

- Polartek

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: LOL.. I am sorry I but I have to share this Race story.. (KVB)

Although I don't agree with the stomping of the brakes or really the event, How did "Zigger" no that the car was stock, there is really no way to no for sure that a car sport or performance sedan is stock by looking at it. BTW if you had stomped on your brakes he would probably rear ended you. I'm sure that was written for effect lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.