SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (jdsr917)

Doing lamin x on the tails would be tough if you are trying to do the whole outside cover. But if you are doing just the back of the light and painting or covering the sides of it with vinyl it would be much easier. Tint film doesn't like to do that sharp of a bend and our tails have quite the angles to them. Food for thought, it is possible but it would be a major pain to get done without it looking bad, which is why most people on here either have their tails done professionally or use VHT niteshades.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (genjy)

Buahhahaha, ive wanted to do this myself but i like being able to see to the optimal level at night lol. Looks freaking sweet though http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I dunno if i asked you already but could you pop the fog light covers out and read me off the part numbers on the back. Should be two catches at the top (you'll see small slits) pop them down with something non abrasive and then pop them out... working on a new project but hard to find

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

Kyle, IM me. I know where you can get them for reasonably cheap

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (mdms)

Call me crazy, but our headlights are projectors, so we get a nice solid beam of light coming out. What if you cut a round hole in the tint so the low beam light shined through almost at full strength? Your headlights will be 100% operational, but still look good (given you still have DRL's and your lights are on at all times).

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (s40goalie)

I dont think sacrificing 5% of light is that big of a deal. Especially if you have HID's which are a much brighter light than the halogens.

May do this in the future

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (ForceFed Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »
I dont think sacrificing 5% of light is that big of a deal. Especially if you have HID's which are a much brighter light than the halogens.

May do this in the future

My thoughts exactly... For those of us with HID's, we'll still be brighter than non tinted stock halogens! Tint them UP!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »

EDIT: The wheels look like Pegs to me, any chance of getting close ups so I can see the difference between the 18" Pegs? Thanks!
+1 they look just like pegs to me???

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
If you don't mind, what did the lamin-x cost you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Re: (zerocover)

Sorry, been somewhat AFK whole day.

Quote, originally posted by zerocover »
Its HOT HOT HOT!
What size did you get and what was the color designation ie charcoal/smoke/etc

Those are tint (93% light passthrough), size was 60x100cm.

Quote, originally posted by Veefifty T5AWD »
If you don't mind, what did the lamin-x cost you?

60x100cm was 85EUR, so that's like 115 USD, but I bet you can get it much cheaper from States.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (mdms)

You didn't get the precut ones? They have them for our car...did you just buy a custom sheet and do the shape yourself, or what is the sizing you mention?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

You didn't get the precut ones? They have them for our car...did you just buy a custom sheet and do the shape yourself, or what is the sizing you mention?

No precut ones, because they were from Finnish retail dealer - they don't sell precuts to Volvos.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

hmmm. On their website they have precut for our cars...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

hmmm. On their website they have precut for our cars...

Yes, as I said - the Finnish retailer didn't have them.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Oh, ok. I thought you were saying the company doesn't do precut for Volvo. Just wanted to make sure anyone else interested knew.
Thanks for posting pics, I will look into this.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.