SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (GetDown)

Quote, originally posted by GetDown »
Thats wassup, I might have to bite off of that and do that myself! What headlights do you have? bulbs or HID?

Quote, originally posted by jdsr917 »
First off i LOVE it 2nd what light bulbs u using they look so nice and is that blue tint on ur lights ????

Volvo stock HIDs. Not sure about the K-rating.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (max power)

Quote, originally posted by max power »
forget the lights . . . what kinda wheels are those and where can i get some?!?!
pegs from a r. ipd sells reps and they are always on sale in the classifeds.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (max power)

Quote, originally posted by max power »
forget the lights . . . what kinda wheels are those and where can i get some?!?!

Nowhere, these are from S80 prototype, bought from Sweden.
Full V50 fitment with Genuine Volvo Imprints.

You can buy replicas but they don't look exactly the same as this genuine Volvo set.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (Revolve40)

Quote, originally posted by Revolve40 »
Alright, that's my next project. Can you give me some info on where to purchase, how to do properly, and exactly what you used? Thanks.

http://www.lamin-x.com/

I used spray bottle with water, scissors, rug and alot of swear-words

http://www.lamin-x.com/install...4.htm

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to dissent. I'm a big advocate of not tinting headlights or taillights to any degree (fog lights are ok, for yellow, although it's not my style). Although I must say you did a fantastic job of installation.

+1 on the wheels, though, I love them.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: I am so gonna get in trouble for this :p (mdms)

Nice. I'd been thinking about doing something like this for a long time, but wanted something not quite that dark. I'd looked at lamin-x but was afraid even the lightest would be too dark. Now I will have to reconsider after seeing it on our car. I have 55w 6000k HIDs so I am not worried of losing that much light output.
And on my black car hopefully it won't be quite as noticeable that they have been tinted.

EDIT: The wheels look like Pegs to me, any chance of getting close ups so I can see the difference between the 18" Pegs? Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (KyleBrightman)

Quote, originally posted by KyleBrightman »
I guess I'll be the first to dissent. I'm a big advocate of not tinting headlights or taillights to any degree (fog lights are ok, for yellow, although it's not my style). Although I must say you did a fantastic job of installation.

+1 on the wheels, though, I love them.

Im pretty sure ill remove the film from the headlights, its way too dark. Looked really lighter in reference pictures.

It's a shame tho, that film is really great protection against flying rocks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: (mdms)

WOW!
Tint mine!!!! It looks amazing man.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.