SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to repaint the Tethys. The S60 isn't in mint enough condition to source OEM paint (not sure you could even buy it). Any suggestions for paint ? I really like the finish on the comets i bought. Comets should be getting the consensus Nokians and mounted next week.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Consensus ZLines are the money. I heard nothing but exhaust and whistle on my way home tonight three miles from the install.
I’d also be interested in this. I have a second set of pegs that need a refinish. I’d love to get them done on a budget.

·
Registered
17,682 Posts
I've used matched rattle cans with really good results.

·
Registered
17,682 Posts
Matched ??? Is that the MFG ?
Local DuPont supplied Auto paint shop.

Wheels are tricky there's about ten versions of Volvo wheel silver. Did you want hyper or technically correct to your Tethys?

·
Registered
17,682 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Comet color looks brighter to me than the Tethys. I had a 03 S60 awhile back that i bought in 05 and the color was darker from what i remember. I will look for the chart online, unless you have the code already ?

·
Registered
17,682 Posts
Comet color looks brighter to me than the Tethys. I had a 03 S60 awhile back that i bought in 05 and the color was darker from what i remember. I will look for the chart online, unless you have the code already ?
Look at the wheel guide.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the comet specs and color codes from IPD site (936 is the code).

17 x 7.5 Comet C, C70 936 8670930 43mm

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most places will powdercoat a simple color for $50/ wheel. This includes stripping. In my experience, the time and money spent on paint is easily worth the $200 for powdercoat.

If you want to paint with a high quality and durable finish, Here is the process I have used on some inexpensive wheels.
Clean, sand 400, prime, paint, paint, paint, sand 1000, paint, sand 1000, clear, clear, sand 2000, buff.

Like Volvonewyork said, the Duplicolor kit is decent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts