SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In Individual Driver Settings you can choose Hybrid, Pure, or Power for display settings. I’d been using Pure since I set my custom, but last week I was poking around and tried Hybrid. I can’t tell a difference between Hybrid and Pure. Is there supposed to be and if there isn’t what’s the point?

I wish there were a true “hybrid” display setting that would show RPM and power gauge to show how much electric power can be delivered before needing to augments with dinojuice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's what the little oil drop symbol is for, once you push past that point the engine turns on, and the symbol goes from empty to solid, it works the same in both hybrid and pure.

If you actually switch modes instead of just the display mode the pure will let you put the foot down more when running just on battery and the car tries it's best not to turn on the engine.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what the little oil drop symbol is for, once you push past that point the engine turns on, and the symbol goes from empty to solid, it works the same in both hybrid and pure.

If you actually switch modes instead of just the display mode the pure will let you put the foot down more when running just on battery and the car tries it's best not to turn on the engine.
I’m familiar with how the power (lightning bolt/oil drop) gauge works - use it religiously to keep in Pure/electric if possible when hill climbing (wish ERAD had more HP, but that’s another topic). I thought I would overtime not be as obsessive about it but after 18300 mi and 2yrs it’s turned into a bad habit/obsession, 😂.

What I was wondering is if there’s a difference between the Pure and Hybrid display settings - not the modes. In Individual Drive Mode you can choose from Hybrid, Pure, or Power as the display of the DIM and to me both Hybrid and Pure display settings look identical. I have not been able to discern a difference. Is there a difference and if not it doesn’t make sense to me why you could choose between them for Individual. I’m wondering if perhaps (unlikely) my display setting isn’t working properly or I’m not noticing a nuanced difference between the two display settings.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I’m familiar with how the power (lightning bolt/oil drop) gauge works - use it religiously to keep in Pure/electric if possible when hill climbing (wish ERAD had more HP, but that’s another topic). I thought I would overtime not be as obsessive about it but after 18300 mi and 2yrs it’s turned into a bad habit/obsession, .

What I was wondering is if there’s a difference between the Pure and Hybrid display settings - not the modes. In Individual Drive Mode you can choose from Hybrid, Pure, or Power as the display of the DIM and to me both Hybrid and Pure display settings look identical. I have not been able to discern a difference. Is there a difference and if not it doesn’t make sense to me why you could choose between them for Individual. I’m wondering if perhaps (unlikely) my display setting isn’t working properly or I’m not noticing a nuanced difference between the two display settings.

Not sure if you have noticed this, but the power/electric range’s “max” amount increases when in Pure mode vs Hybrid mode

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not sure if you have noticed this, but the power/electric range’s “max” amount increases when in Pure mode vs Hybrid mode

I have noticed that between the Pure and Hybrid drive modes. I’m referring to the display settings that can be picked for Individual - the display layout choice of Hybrid or Pure or Power for Individual Drive mode. For example, my Individual mode has Pure as the display, Pure for Powertrain, Power for the suspension, harder effort for steering, etc. When I switch from Pure display to Hybrid display there is no discernible difference - and keeping the powertrain as Pure.

In the drive modes there is also no display layout difference between Pure and Hybrid, only the max Electric threshold lowers in Hybrid but not an actual layout difference, thus my question. Is there supposed to be. It seems in Individual there are really only two effective options Pure/Hybrid and Power for display settings if Pure and Hybrid layouts are identical. Makes me wonder why that they are both offered as choices. I guess I’ve not been explaining my question well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts