SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-Im looking to get some supporting mods for my hybrid turbo. What yr audi mafs are you guys using and the injectors are 750cc ev's or something? Do the injectors fit like stock or do i need to make modifcations? Also what did you guys do to make the audi mafs work?

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can run your MAF but use it in a 4" pipe. Some Aud's use a 4" MAF housing already so you can try and source one but I would just hit up EBAY and get a 4" MAF housing. You don't really need 750cc injectors. There are EV 633cc and that would do just fine. The injectors need a pigtail spliced into the harness to fit. They just run different connectors. They are Ford injectors. Don't forget your tune!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses-I am def going to go with a tune most likely from Hilton. Just trying to get whatever other upgrades I need and try to do the tune once. Whats going to be a small challenge is figuring out how to do injectors and tune right after. I am thinking a simple solution might be boring out the stock maf housing would make the maf that Hilton recommends fit the car. I am excited to get this project going. I have been on a stock tune now for over a yr now due to issue with the ard tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got done doing a tune with Hilton for a customers car and was very impressed. He certainly does it right. He did 3 revisions to make sure it was done right! Car felt great for the level it was at. The mid range really pulled. I will be doing a similar build as yours with my 06' V70R. The injectors and MAF but a different turbo. I also had issues with ARD and am jumping ship. I hope it all goes smoothly!

·
2,505 Posts
I have whats in my signature right now. I plan to get meth injection then the RS4 MAF and go for a stage 2.5 tune from Hilton. Eventually, probably this time 2015 I will get a hybrid turbo and big injectors

·
2,505 Posts
I think that before you get a tune, you should have a solid foundation. Like some people get tunes stock then build it. Why would you put the roof up then build the house under it?

Start with the foundation, stage 0 then on. Get a fmic, exhuast and whatnot, let the engine fart and breath better before forcing it to work harder.

If you want a definite supporting mod, get meth injection. It will cool down the air and help the engine run cleaner and cooler with the increased timing and boost

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tune

I currently have all the bolt ons possible and had an ipd tune but went with an ard tune to custom tune and had major issues. so went back to stock tune cars been great but Im looking to go to a custom tune again to maximize everything I have and dont feel like going back and forth so I will most likely figure out a way to get last few pieces of the puzzle and tune to bring the beast back!
I think that before you get a tune, you should have a solid foundation. Like some people get tunes stock then build it. Why would you put the roof up then build the house under it?

Start with the foundation, stage 0 then on. Get a fmic, exhuast and whatnot, let the engine fart and breath better before forcing it to work harder.

If you want a definite supporting mod, get meth injection. It will cool down the air and help the engine run cleaner and cooler with the increased timing and boost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts