SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up from a member who had it built and is not going to use it what do you guys think? Also I can't even tell the inlet wheel is bigger how do you tell that its the K26 wheel? thanks.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Looks like its ported and ceramic coated.
[/IMG
More Porting.

The whole unit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ran hybrid turbos in my Audi. They were built by Blouch turbo and with a custom tune we were able to grab extra Hp. Just installing it to replace the existing turbo wont really add anything noticeable. Does look pretty though :). Who did the modification?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
T,

I got your email but figured I'd respond here for everyone's benefit. All you are seeing through the compressor inlet is the inducer section of the compressor wheel.

Here's a comparison between the factory K24 compressor wheel and our upgraded wheel used in our hybrid turbos:

You can see more clearly the secondary inducer fins on the upgraded wheel in the picture, and you can more clearly see them through the compressor inlet, as well. Here's a factory K24 compressor wheel within the housing, for reference:

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a Viva turbo and thank you George you are very helpful. I'm going with the RICA stage 3 from Viva and might have lucky play around with it a little bit. :D

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Can you run a hybrid turbo without a tune? (incase you need to use the car until tune arrives for example)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also putting a Forge wastegate on it and a Forge or Turbosmart cbv.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you run a hybrid turbo without a tune? (incase you need to use the car until tune arrives for example)
I have a stage 2 IPD tune and have a GMC Terrain for my DD. So I could run it with my stage 2 for a little bit drive my other car but my R only comes out when its sunny out anyway. :)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who else has on of these and how do you like it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts