SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Think of it another way. Until you get into the "red zone" you are capturing all of the available kinetic energy and recharging the batteries a little bit. Look at it another way, you are not burning brake pads until you into the red zone, and based on my now 20,000 miles of driving, that means you may never need to change the brakes in a T8 (Recharge).

Reactions: 2021XC60T8

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks everyone for the feedback and interesting comments(y)

Like the idea of saving the brake pads .. I try as much now to let the T8 coast and maximize the regen braking. Also using 'B' gear when appropriate.

I have an elm327 adapter but haven't gone about using it yet ... still exploring and getting to know the T8. So much to learn
I use "B" mode 100% of the time. One item you might not realize. There is in the "climate" section of the system for an "additional heater" to be clicked on. When you do that the heat works great when you are in EV mode from the start without the ICE starting up. My experience has been that until the ICE engine starts and the traditional heating system kicks in, the vehicle does not warm up inside on cold days, unless this "additional heater" is clicked on. The downside of this heater is the EV range is shortened. Thus what I do is when I first put the vehicle into drive in hybrid mode, I depress the throttle enough to get the ICE engine to fire, then switch it back into pure mode as I pull away. The ICE engine is running to warm up, but I am generally not getting thrust from the ICE engine, just the EV motors if I am lighter on it. I get heat within 90 seconds or so, and then it lessens the battery degradation too. Just a user tip that might be helpful. I hope I am describing things in a way that makes sense. I'm at 57+ mpg on this tank and have gone more than 450 miles, still well over the 1/2 tank mark on the fuel gauge. Mostly local short driving FYI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts