SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering the window tint for my V70 R. does the window tint film effect the defrost/defog at all? in the R cago area looks like side vents, rear window has the heater lines in the window? do the heat coming from the vents and or rear window heater have any negative issues to consider? pealing, poor window defrost/defog performance?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Huper Optic window tint (row)

Get the Huper Optik Ceramic and be happy. it will not affect the defrost/defog functions at all. The vents won't affect them either. Remember, the car can sit outside on a hot sunny day. Internal temperature can get real high in the cabin. <p>I've had my Huper Optik Ceramic tint for over a year now and no major problems. Just some slight bubbling that appeared after the winter. VEM will re-tint it for free for me so that's not an issue. Just a matter of heading down there to get it taken off and reinstalled.<br>

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Huper Optic window tint (Volvo Grrrr)

thanks, how dark did you tint, i was considering 50 on side windows, 40 in cargo area (to get some security i guess) but my R is black and I dont want it too dark? your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Huper Optic window tint (row)

I have their Ceramic 30 all around. I like it and I don't find it too dark. But then again, I got adjusted to it. The reasoning for 30% tint is that I had 35% tint on my previous car and did not want to go lighter, so I went darker. <p>One problem is that 30% tint is not legal in MA. However, I have not been stopped for a tint violation. Just warning you that it could happen.<p>I have pictures of my R and the tint in my gallery (see sig, then click on My 2000R). It does have a slight greenish tint to it, but it doesn't bother me. It definetely helps in cutting down on the heat in the cabin.<p>I have a silver R and it looks good with the dark tint. On a black R, the tint will definetely look darker than it really is. If you are going to VEM for Huper Optik, I think they only do Ceramic 40 and 30, unless they have updated their offerings. <p>If you never had tint before, do the 40% with an optional 30% in the cargo area. If you are on dark unlit backroads often, I wouldn't suggest the 30% in the back. Tinting in general will make it harder to see out on a dark unlit backroad. <br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts