SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, brand new to this forum and looking for some help and direction. Here’s the back story if you care to know if not just skip to the last paragraph.

It’s a long story but I’ll keep it short. Back in 2017 I had met my now fiancé and she was an absolute Volvo fanatic. When we met she had already bought her dream car. It was a 2006 S60 R, black exterior with the altacama interior, and the dark grey R wheels. She loved this damn car, she drove it passionately and meticulously cared for it. Fast forward to June 2018 she moved from Kentucky to Costa Mesa California to live with me. Unfortunately she began to have a lot of problems. Lost compression in the fifth cylinder and transmission was starting to go, and with the position we were in at the time putting money in it to get it fixed just wasn’t an option. So she had to sell it in December of 2018. I believe It went to a local auction house in Orange County. She was very upset that she had to sell the car. Parting with it was not easy and shes pretty convinced she’ll never find one like it for sale again.

So that’s why I’m here, I’m trying to find one at least close to it. It’s got to be a 2006, and has to have the altacama interior. I’m not in a rush to buy a new car but I figured I’d just see if you guys would know of one like that for sale any where. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Hey guys, brand new to this forum and looking for some help and direction. Here’s the back story if you care to know if not just skip to the last paragraph.

It’s a long story but I’ll keep it short. Back in 2017 I had met my now fiancé and she was an absolute Volvo fanatic. When we met she had already bought her dream car. It was a 2006 S60 R, black exterior with the altacama interior, and the dark grey R wheels. She loved this damn car, she drove it passionately and meticulously cared for it. Fast forward to June 2018 she moved from Kentucky to Costa Mesa California to live with me. Unfortunately she began to have a lot of problems. Lost compression in the fifth cylinder and transmission was starting to go, and with the position we were in at the time putting money in it to get it fixed just wasn’t an option. So she had to sell it in December of 2018. I believe It went to a local auction house in Orange County. She was very upset that she had to sell the car. Parting with it was not easy and shes pretty convinced she’ll never find one like it for sale again.

So that’s why I’m here, I’m trying to find one at least close to it. It’s got to be a 2006, and has to have the altacama interior. I’m not in a rush to buy a new car but I figured I’d just see if you guys would know of one like that for sale any where. Thanks!
Great Story

Take your time and I think you can find that one to make hera happy camper

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's an '07, no real MY differences from an '06 as far as I'm aware, but @PNW Volvo Guy found quite a gem and posted it in the monthly non-affiliated finds thread:

2007 s60 R - Atacama -153k - $8,900 I’d say this is the best R price for that peanut butter interior… and looks/reads well maintained at dealer and has upgrades and private party sale. View attachment 131428 View attachment 131429

1 - 3 of 3 Posts