SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds exactly like a bad wheel bearing, except when I turn left or right it doesn't change sound. When I hit the brakes the vibration seems to be worse and feel a lttle more through the steering wheel. This has been getting worse over the past year. It really seams like bad wheel bearings but the sound doesn't change a bit when turning. I put drilled and spotted rotors on like 10 months ago but I don't think its them because it makes the noise all the time .

Also it gets louder with speed, just like a wheel bearing would.

Does anybody think its the wheel bearings????

Could this be the angle gear or trans going, maybe cv axles?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
could be tires. I changed out all my bearings.. come to find out the noise is tires.. they called it chopped tires.. related to my struts i guess.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Bearings would make more/less noise while making turns. I usually do a "quick lane change" left and right while on highway to find which side. I would suspect that your brakes are responsible. I have slotted brakes and they are noisy while braking with slight vibration felt through steering wheel. I thought the rotors got warped but thevibration/noise do not get worse. Do tire rotation to eliminate tires.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely could be because I think the strife are going as week and my tires have that choppy look in the rear which sucks because I just bought them seven months ago. Another reason it could be tires is they're falkens, I heard their track record isn't that good. Of course I didn't hear that til yesterday.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I think I have to do all my bushings and get new front struts... Is your wear inner or outer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts