SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the fuel pump running, anticipating a start? similar to how a fuel pump would run when the key is turned in a car with a traditional ignition switch?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
That's the electrical system in the car, nothing to do with fuel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could be the HVAC blower running. I've got mine set to continue to run after ignition is shut off to help prevent a stinky A/C duct system.

My Car/Settings/Climate Settings/Recirculation Timer

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
According to the dealer, it's the car's electrical system turning on, which is what I posted earlier.

But you guys can keep postulating....;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
According to the dealer, it's the car's electrical system turning on, which is what I posted earlier.

But you guys can keep postulating....;)
What DWBF1 said. However, I prefer to think of it as my S60 "purring" after a brief slumber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed a similar sound as well. I figured it was electrical components... listening with a careful ear, I find it coming from the front drivers side.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Could be the HVAC blower running. I've got mine set to continue to run after ignition is shut off to help prevent a stinky A/C duct system.

My Car/Settings/Climate Settings/Recirculation Timer
Volvo's of the past use to do this, which I thought was a great idea, but no longer, at least in the S60. The recirculation timer only turns off recirculation mode after a certain length of time to prevent fogging or stale air. Kind of a useless feature but I'm glad I can turn that function off.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've noticed the same sound and tried to find the source. As best I can tell, it's coming from the area of the ABS modulator.

My Land Rover made a similar noise when I opened the door or popped the hood. Again, it was the the same area as the ABS modulator.

I don't think it's the brake system priming/bleeding itself or anything, but something on the nearby firewall leading one to believe that's the case. In any event, it's probably nothing to be alarmed about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts