SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill start out by saying hi! my name is Justin and I own a 1998 s70 t5m in dark olive green. Now since thats over let me get to the problem. (I'm not usually this frantic but I am leaving for vacation with my girlfriend tomorrow and this issue im having could easily screw that up)

I recently replaced the driver side door on my s70 with one of the same color and ever since then. I have been having a huge issue with the car. Let me list the issues
1. Key FOB only unlocks 3 doors (not the drivers)
2. interior buttons wont lock or unlock doors
3. I can lock the door with the key but turning it a second time wont lock the other 3 doors
4. I just noticed this tonight and this is what is causing me the biggest stress. I cant open the fuel door or trunk with the buttons on my door panel. I cant get gas so I cant drive!

I did replace the door lock actuator in the drivers side door just to be sure and it didnt change anything
If anyone has had this issue or knows how to fix it please I beg you to help me!

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Sounds like something isn't plugged in all the way, or got plugged in to the wrong sockets. Did you double check everything in the harness?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I checked everything on the door harness. Ive probably taken it off and put it back on at least 20 times. Also I dont think even if it was loose that it would make me unable to use the passengers side lock button

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Try putting the original door panel/switchgear on the new door?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
There is a manual release in later 98s for the gas cap to open it from the inside of the trunk. If you don't
have one, remove the interior trunk panel on the side and manually release the gas cap cover. It shouldn't
be too hard to see how it works (a solenoid just pulls on a locking pin) and once you figure it out you can
open it that way when needed to get you going.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The driver's door is just unlocking mechanically when you use the key.
There's a switch in the latch mechanism that sees you use the key and
tells the lock controller to lock or unlock all the other doors.

The driver's latch has 2 connectors. They power the latch motor and
connect to the switches for the locks, safety and dome light circuits.

In the book, they look the same.( If Volvo did use 2 connectors in the
same place that could get mixed up, I would expect them to at least
be different colors.) They're labeled A & B with 4 wires each.

Haven't looked at mine to see what they really look like, but -
Any chance they are the same, got swapped and plugged in "backwards"?

Other than that, any chance you missed a ground somewhere?
Maybe in the dash on the drivers side kick, below the A pillar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts