SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I got the lates May 2019 software update for my 2017 XC90 and there is a huge problem with Park Assist Pilot.

There used to be a progress indicator showing how far I have to go forward or reverse when auto-parking. This indicator is made out of small lines and can be found on the user intefrace. The number of lines decreases as I approach an obstacle. This way I can know exactly when to stop the car.

The problem is that this progress indicator is frozen, it seems like it stopped working. What should I do? This makes auto-park a less convenient and less safe feature. Does anybody has the same problem?

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Ah, good to bring it to dealer. I have not used it even once. :( Guess I'll try sometimes since it is a feature I paid for. :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes, this sucks, the progress bar has actually gone for a while on my car, since the update done prior to the May/June one of 2019.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Also, when can we have the car do it all own it’s own? (Apply brakes, etc). I get the T5/6’s have a mechanical transmission selector, so you would still have to shift that on your own, at least it could brake for you?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Also, when can we have the car do it all own it’s own? (Apply brakes, etc). I get the T5/6’s have a mechanical transmission selector, so you would still have to shift that on your own, at least it could brake for you?
Liability.

In 2015 I was in Newport for the Volvo Ocean Race. Volvo had a demonstration parking lot set-up. They were allowing people to get into the passenger seat of a car, and would send the car to go park itself. Then a friend/family member or one of the Volvo people would use an app to recall the car. The car would then pull itself out and return to the drop off spot. THAT is what the Park Assist is intended to do.

So you can pull up to a movie theater, or a grocery store, get out and send your car off to park and have it return to collect you. Not sure we'll ever get that, because of the liability if the car hits another car or a person, or aimlessly drives around a full lot. I also don't remember what shifter was in those demonstration cars. Seems this would be easiest to implement on the digital shifters in T8 models, but not impossible to do in the standard shifters in the other models since they aren't fully mechanical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts